My Pioneer DV-717 has died...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by joakim99, Sep 9, 2001.

1. joakim99

joakim99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DVD player (Pioneer DV-717) suddenly stopped working today. It seems that the player has gone into a permanent standby mode. If I push the eject button the standby indicator is gone for a seconf before returning but nothing more happens. The same if I push play or any other button. I have removed the power by unplugging the player and plugged it in again but without any result. Has anyone experienced something similar? What did you do to solve the problem?

Joakim Nilsson

2. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take it back if it's still under warranty.

3. joakim99

joakim99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is that I have had the player for about 2.5 year so no warranty.

4. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    This exact same fault happened to my 717. I took it back to where it was bought and after a few days was called to say the motor had been changed. It now worked fine for about three months and then had the same problem. Got it repaired again and its worked fine for almost a year. These faults occured within the manafacturers guarantee period, but I expect it to happen again and when it does I'll get a new one. I'm upgrading early next year anyway, so I'm not to fussed (I'm giving it to my parents). So from previous experience, if you pay for a repair you will probably end up forking out a little further down the line as well. Maybe its time for you to commit your 717 to the grave, its a good performer but can be replaced for not a lot of money by todays standards.

5. Wilf

Wilf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've had similar problems with two 636d. The retailor said it was the IC (integrated circuit?)They spent so long trying to sort it, I got my cash back and brought a Tosh 210E. It wasn't just me, they had more 636's with the same problem

6. joakim99

joakim99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks guys for your input. The only problem is that I really liked my 717...

joakim.

7. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Does it have a Techtronics E Mod?<br />If so, remove it, remove power and re apply.<br />See if it works.<br />If yes, put the E Mod back in but not quite all the way. Pull it back out a 'smidge'.<br />E mods pushed in too far will short the player out and cause it be 'stuck in stanby' as if faulty.<br />Try it, nothing to lose.<br />Good luck.

8. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    How did you get on?

9. joakim99

joakim99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a new dvd-player. Maybe I will try to repair my DV-717 but it depends on the cost.

joakim.