1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My pioneer 520 displays and record a blue/hue bar in the right when out1 set in RGB

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by selene, Jan 21, 2005.

1. selene

selene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody,

It's the second pioneer DVR-520hs I get my hands on and i keep having annoyance with RVB mode :

When i put ouput 1 on "RVB", i keep getting a blue bar on the far right of the screen and this defect is kept on DVD-R i burn.

This is visible on my TV's ( tried 3 ) and the burned disk shows this on another DVD player hooked to a dlp videoprojector ( NEC HT1100 )...
    This bar is visible when no scaling/adjustement are made to the picture :mad:

This second unit comes from another place which allows me 7 day money back ... it's another batch from the factory too ... Should i return it and get my money back ( again ? ) or is it a well known problem with this unit ?

Thanks for your help !

You'll find attached an exemple of what i get while viewing either live TV or recordings or burned DVD-r Video

Regards

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Does this blue bar show on all input sources? Are you using the internal tuner or an external source? Is the bar visible when in the menus of the recorder?

We need to rule out the blue bar isn't on the external source.

Regards

Philip

3. captainpacific

captainpacific

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    We need to know what you've got connected to the Pioneer and how you have connected it up, as well as the settings you have selected for all the relevant inputs and outputs. Then we can go through a process of elimination to find the culprit.

4. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it a square TV? - i had same problem (red hue band across the top of the screen) with a toshiba DVD player (reputed at the time) & square TV - changed the player for different brand and it was fine

5. selene

selene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Wow :laugh: Thanx for all the answers !

I only use the antenna input and Output1 in RVB mode to record TV programms via the internal tuner nothing else ...

If i switch the output to video or SVIDEO problem disapear ....

Thanks again for your help !

6. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    To use RGB mode from the 520 it must be connected to a TV scart socket that accepts RGB. If you output RGB from the 520 to a non-RGB TV scart you will get unpredictable results.

7. captainpacific

captainpacific

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    This sounds very much like your TV input that you are using for the 520 is not RGB enabled or RGB set. Have a look in your TV manual about its inputs and whether they are RGB or not (or can be set to accept RGB inputs). It might be the case that the TV has only one of its inputs RGB enabled - if so, you will need to use that one. If not, you will have to run it on S-video.

For your own peace of mind about the Pioneer working fully, I suggest you take it round to a friend who definitely has a TV with an RGB input and try it out on that TV.