My Pioneer 505 on the wall with Ambiance lighting

6022tivo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick picture of my 505 wall mounted with its ambiance lighting.

I liked the Phillips plasma with this effect, although not adjustable like the Philips, I like the cosy look of them.

They are from Ikea, LED strips, avaliable in White, Blue or Green for £21.

I needed two sets for the 50 inch, but they link easily and only need one wire connecting at one end.

Ikea LED Link

The photo has been downsized to fit on the forum so does look a little blurry.

Attachments

• DCP_3991 (Custom).JPG
    DCP_3991 (Custom).JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 613
any chance of pics from the side of your screen please mate? Are they very visible side on?

Yes, ok. A couple more attached.

Attachments

• DCP_3999 (Custom).JPG
    DCP_3999 (Custom).JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 359
  • DCP_3997 (Custom).JPG
    DCP_3997 (Custom).JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 379
  • DCP_3993 (Custom).JPG
    DCP_3993 (Custom).JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 403
Thanks tivo, are they hard to install? How do you find they affect the viewing?

Very easy to install, one wire connects to one end, they connect together or via a little link for the corners.

With regards to viewing, fine for me, I know when they are off, and prefer them on..
Personal opinion really, some people prefer the blue

I would have been tempted to have placed the lighting more inset if you know what I mean...did you try different locations before you decided on the outside edge ?

And plese tell me your speakers aren't staying where they are they mate :eek: they must sound awfull pointing towards the wall and the ceiling :rolleyes:

Cheers, Lee

Well you can mount them pointing out and up, or direct pointing onto the wall. have tried them both and prefer the more out and more light on the wall look, rather than more intense light close round the screen.. If that makes sense.

Anyways, onto the speakers.. I like the fact they are out of the way, I have not tried them anyother way. But I will. The room needs decorating and the fireplace will be changed, so they will have to be moved.

Hi mate were did you buy these from ikea ?

+ how many of these tubes/strips did you need to buy ??

thinking of doing it my self

thanks for help !

6022tivo said:
Just a quick picture of my 505 wall mounted with its ambiance lighting.

I liked the Phillips plasma with this effect, although not adjustable like the Philips, I like the cosy look of them.

They are from Ikea, LED strips, avaliable in White, Blue or Green for £21.

I needed two sets for the 50 inch, but they link easily and only need one wire connecting at one end.

Ikea LED Link

The photo has been downsized to fit on the forum so does look a little blurry.

The white do look nice, my main problem is that my plasma is on a pedestal stand in front of a window, so curtains are behind the screen.
The white look nice on your set up because the plasma is on the wall, also the colour of the wall helps.
Might have to invest in white to give it a try.
Ikea brent park shows 78 in stock until you ask them to "physically" check they have stock.......then they have none!.......... :mad:

leedebs said:
The white do look nice, my main problem is that my plasma is on a pedestal stand in front of a window, so curtains are behind the screen.
The white look nice on your set up because the plasma is on the wall, also the colour of the wall helps.
Might have to invest in white to give it a try.
Ikea brent park shows 78 in stock until you ask them to "physically" check they have stock.......then they have none!.......... :mad:

They had been well hidden In the Warrington Store I got the mfrom a couple of months ago.

The colour of the walls.. hehe. Good old Magnolia, you can't go wrong..

ashmufc said:
Nice, I'm stuck on whether to go for blue or white still.

I've tried the blue..............gonna now try the white.........when I can get hold of some! :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom