1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My picture when watching DVD's is extremely light!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GirlInTheCity, May 4, 2005.

1. GirlInTheCity

GirlInTheCity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, my first post on here so please be kind :eek:) I have a great Toshiba LCD tv but unfortunately a real cheapy DVD player (£35 jobby). When playing DVD's the picture is really really light. Would this be down to the DVD player or my scart lead? Thanks in advance!
    :hiya:

2. sy278

sy278

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Most likely the DVD player itself, but the cable can be a cause, also check that the TV is using the correct input settings.

If it is, I would advise investing in a "quality" player.

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It might be your LCD television contrast or brightness settings, also does the DVD player have a menu where you can select output, if so select Scart ouput and also check that there are no preset settings for lightening the picture or darkening it if there is select normal, its also possible too much light is hitting your screen try closing your curtains if this is the case ( although if it was the case normal tv would be bad too ) if all else fails try getting a lend of a dvd player to rule out that being the problem.

4. GirlInTheCity

GirlInTheCity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys, will look at it tonight when I get home. The picture is fine with Sky but just goes very light when I play a DVD. Cheers for the tips! :smashin:

5. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Tosh DLP rear projection but I would imagine yours like mine should have a number (in my case 3) preset picture (colour, contrast, brightness) settings and 1 manual setting which can be stored. I tend to watch TV (sky) on preset 3 since 1 & 2 are very bright (1 is almost blinding) and use the stored manual setting (which I set to me personal liking) for the dvd.

Put out a thread for other Tosh LCD users for an idea of their picture settings. Have a play around with it, you won't break it.................well you shouldn't!! :rolleyes:

There are dvd's available to help you set your picture and sound, aimed primarily at the Home Cinema enthusiast, you may even be able to hire one from a video/dvd rental shop. There are plenty of threads on the subject.

Good luck!

6. GirlInTheCity

GirlInTheCity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rasbo, good tip! :D will try this too.