My phone has been blacklisted.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Kwman, Aug 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kwman

Kwman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,002
    So yesterday, I was out doing deliveries and checking my phone for messages when I reached my destinations and noticed my Sony Xperia XZ2 had no reception and an error "phone not allowed" had appeared.

Spoke to Sony and they advised me that my network provider had blacklisted it. I called Vodafone and they confirmed that they hadn't blacklisted the phone, but when they checked if the phone had been blacklisted and it had, but they don't know by whom.

My phone was bought brand new from Amazon, not second hand. I spoke to Amazon and they will issue a full refund, but not a replacement, which will leave me out of pocket as the phone was bought during a preorder offer.

So is there a way to unblacklist the phone? I have the original box and receipt/invoice from Amazon with the Imei number on it.

Thanks for any help in advance

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,617
    As a Vodafone customer and having extensive experience of their customer 'service', I would go back and insist Vodafone check and confirm if not them then which network

Only the network or insurer can remove the block

However, as you are obtaining a full refund then not sure going through those steps is worthwhile, unless the principle of having a working handset and giving the money back to Amazon matters, in which case fair enough

3. Kwman

Kwman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,002
    Vodafone have said they are trying to get it unblocked, but are not sure if they can because they did not block it. They also said they cannot find out who blocked it.

I called my insurance company and they didn't want to know and wished me luck.

I don't want a full refund as I can't buy the same phone with the money. Amazon will only refund me approx £555.00. If I was to buy the same phone it would cost me £620.00 from them.

A replacement I would take up, but they say they can't offer me a replacement.