My Philips 32PF9976 Wall Mounted

snoods

Established Member
Reaction score
Kilwinning, North Ayrshire, Scotland, UK.
Had my TV a week tomorrow and am over the moon with it. Love the PC on it too excellent quality output and Hi Definition videos played from the PC are breathtaking to say the least. :thumbsup:

Just thought i'd share a couple of piccies with you showing what it looks like wall mounted. :)

The images displayed are just bog standard Freeview ones, so not the best. Not too bad though i'm sure you agree.

I still much prefer the design of the 9976 to the newer Philips models. :rolleyes:

tv1.jpg

tv2.jpg

I'm a happy bunny now. :smashin:

Tidy!

I'm a great fan of the 9976 as an alternative to some of the less expensive 'alternatives' like the Hitachi. It is a very close relation to the 9986 and there is a current (untested) theory that you can activate PP2 via the service menu if you want.

Let me know if you fancy trying this and I'll tell you how I think it can be done....

Jimmy

must admit that freeview picture is really clean, compared to the Samsung LE32R41B

Cheers Jimsan but i already have Pixel Plus 2 turned on via the service menu. So only thing i need now is the Ambilight modules for the slots on the sides, LOL.

The setting is also in the service menu to turn Ambilight on. :eek: :D

Any Philips engineers around to sell me a couple of ambilight modules? LOL :D

I'm sure they would look cool against the white wall. :)

Multiple Ambilight modules all around the room!

Straighten your clock, for goodness sake! Some people.....

Jimmy

jimsan said:
It is a very close relation to the 9986 and there is a current (untested) theory that you can activate PP2 via the service menu if you want.

Having done that and read what I quoted earlier (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224959) I dare say it's not just an untested theory any more.

I would have wallmounted mine, too, if only our walls weren't plasterboard. Plasterboard should carry 20 kg easily with proper fasteners, but I just can't convince myself to hang 2000 € worth of equipment on it. After all, the desktop stand isn't bad looking either.

JanneA said:
Having done that and read what I quoted earlier (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224959) I dare say it's not just an untested theory any more.

I would have wallmounted mine, too, if only our walls weren't plasterboard. Plasterboard should carry 20 kg easily with proper fasteners, but I just can't convince myself to hang 2000 € worth of equipment on it. After all, the desktop stand isn't bad looking either.

The stand is great looking I agree JanneA, but the TV didn't sit on the small unit i have (in piccy) due to the spacing of the 2 back legs of the stand, they were over the edge of the unit, typical, and just my luck. :mad:

I always wanted my TV on the wall anyway so i'm a happy bunny now.

By the way my wall is plasterboard too, and the wall bracket is fixed with 6 butterfly clips and is sold as a rock, so i wouldn't worry about your TV using the supplied bracket.

It's a great design the way the TV just sits in the bracket, it's just like hanging a picture on the wall, all be it a little heavier LOL.

Anyway Thanks for your help earlier regarding Pixel Plus 2 JanneA, it worked a treat. :smashin:

All i have to do now is track down 2 Ambilight modules for the sides. LOL :D

May I recommend a visit from the House Doctor!!! :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom