1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my pf 379986 arrives

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by killer10971, Feb 4, 2005.

1. killer10971

killer10971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    my philips arrived today , and after getting a hernia moving it around and mounting it on the table stand i have to say its fantastic

one off point it has a stuck green pixel in the middle top but you have to be about an inch away to see it so im going to ignore it (takes me 5 minutes to find it when i do look for it)

thanks to the person who posted their optimal settings , these helped a lot

one point when i output from my denon using dvi i in 720p it looks amazing .But when i go to 1080i it still looks amazing but i notice a bit of noise in the sky areas (pirates of the caribbean reg 1) is 1080 a artificial scaled up image whereas 720p is native

many thanks all

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the 9986 club! My 37PF9986 has one stuck pixel as well - but you cannot see it unless you really hunt for it (and beyond a few inches away it's impossible to see). You are probably noticing a little "macroblocking" which sometimes appears in bright areas (but often isn't visible at all on some discs). Try 576p and see what that looks like - I use 576p a lot and have been very pleased with the results.

3. chris210972

chris210972
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: welcome 9986 club member :thumbsup:
    ENJOY!

4. Dazzle

Dazzle
    Standard Member