My PC is underperforming!

ICalledShotgun

Novice Member
Reaction score
Why am I getting low fps in Warzone/Fortnite on LOW settings? My pc specs are as follows Geforce RTX 3070 (overclocked with msi afterburner), Ryzen 9 3900 (over clocked to 4.25Ghz), MSI B450 Gaming plus max motherboard, 16GB 3600mhz Ram. This results in me getting 90fps on the lowest settings in warzone and fortnite. I have adjusted all my settings in-game as well. Any help would be much appreciated. (Note: All my components temps are fine). Yes Vsync is switched off. And I've noticed people with similar specs as me are getting around 160-170fps - what am I doing wrong. I've followed a million fps boost guides - changing my Nvidia control panel settings but nothing has helped, I am honestly get so frustrated at the moment as I have tried EVERYTHING including reversing my overclock. NOTHING has worked. (Note: My monitor is 1080p @ 240hz)

Edit: It does sometimes go to 100fps.

I don’t think it would make that much difference but what frequency is your ram set to ie. is xmp enabled in bios?

I would start by monitoring everything. So use MSI Afterburner and see what GPU/CPU usage is in game.
Are both sticks of RAM registering?
What GPU did you have before?
I would return running DDU and installing latest drivers

I would start by monitoring everything. So use MSI Afterburner and see what GPU/CPU usage is in game.
Are both sticks of RAM registering?
What GPU did you have before?
I would return running DDU and installing latest drivers
I have been monitoring everything, all my temps and everything look completely mundane compared to other people. I only have 1×16 ram. This is a new pc build so technically it had no gpu before. All the latest drivers are installed.

I have been monitoring everything, all my temps and everything look completely mundane compared to other people. I only have 1×16 ram. This is a new pc build so technically it had no gpu before. All the latest drivers are installed.
I'm not talking temperatures, I'm talking usage.
Generally you want to go with 2 sticks of RAM instead of 1.

I'm not talking temperatures, I'm talking usage.
Generally you want to go with 2 sticks of RAM instead of 1.
I monitored it and there seems to be no noticeable spiking in both CPU or ram usage while I play. I will consider buying a second 16GB ram stick, however will it make a big difference in your opinion?

Both games seem horribly optimised - I went from 2070S to 3070 to 3080 and the 3080 was doing worse than the 3070? I was using the nvidia settings and getting about 120FPS on low/med settings on Fortnite!

then randomly I tried everything Epic and it’s now running 170FPS pretty steadily and looks amazing, and that’s at 1440UW. Baffling.

Why am I getting low fps in Warzone/Fortnite on LOW settings? My pc specs are as follows Geforce RTX 3070 (overclocked with msi afterburner), Ryzen 9 3900 (over clocked to 4.25Ghz), MSI B450 Gaming plus max motherboard, 16GB 3600mhz Ram. This results in me getting 90fps on the lowest settings in warzone and fortnite. I have adjusted all my settings in-game as well. Any help would be much appreciated. (Note: All my components temps are fine). Yes Vsync is switched off. And I've noticed people with similar specs as me are getting around 160-170fps - what am I doing wrong. I've followed a million fps boost guides - changing my Nvidia control panel settings but nothing has helped, I am honestly get so frustrated at the moment as I have tried EVERYTHING including reversing my overclock. NOTHING has worked. (Note: My monitor is 1080p @ 240hz)

Edit: It does sometimes go to 100fps.
Have you let the game load the shaders/textures? can take a good few minutes.

Both games seem horribly optimised - I went from 2070S to 3070 to 3080 and the 3080 was doing worse than the 3070? I was using the nvidia settings and getting about 120FPS on low/med settings on Fortnite!

then randomly I tried everything Epic and it’s now running 170FPS pretty steadily and looks amazing, and that’s at 1440UW. Baffling.
Woah, I'll give that a try!
Have you let the game load the shaders/textures? can take a good few minutes.
Yes!

Have you got ray tracing on?

So here's what I'd do:

Reset your BIOS back to defaults, and then apply XMP, that should be it there (unless you've gone for UEFI). Check to see if you have an old BIOS as well.
Make sure you've got the latest chipset drivers from AMD directly, including the Ryzen power plan.
Make sure you've got the latest Nvidia drivers, might be an idea to go "advanced" when installing and do a profile / setting reset.
Get Rivatuner installed, along with HWINFO64. Add some data to your display, in particular your CPU and GPU usage. That's the crucial stuff. Temps are worth showing as well.

Now download UNIGINE Benchmarks and run the extreme HD profile @ 1080p. Let us know the final outcome. My 3700X and RTX 3070 gave me a score of 6685.

So here's what I'd do:

Reset your BIOS back to defaults, and then apply XMP, that should be it there (unless you've gone for UEFI). Check to see if you have an old BIOS as well.
Make sure you've got the latest chipset drivers from AMD directly, including the Ryzen power plan.
Make sure you've got the latest Nvidia drivers, might be an idea to go "advanced" when installing and do a profile / setting reset.
Get Rivatuner installed, along with HWINFO64. Add some data to your display, in particular your CPU and GPU usage. That's the crucial stuff. Temps are worth showing as well.

Now download UNIGINE Benchmarks and run the extreme HD profile @ 1080p. Let us know the final outcome. My 3700X and RTX 3070 gave me a score of 6685.
I have superposition benchmark so I ran that, here are the results:

1080p medium DirectX: Scored 22145 (FPS: MIN: 110.61, AVG: 180.63, MAX: 233.83)

1080p extreme DirectX: Score: 9293 (FPS: MIN: 51.36, AVG: 69.76, MAX: 91.49)

Should I get UNIGINE and run that instead

I have superposition benchmark so I ran that, here are the results:

1080p medium DirectX: Scored 22145 (FPS: MIN: 110.61, AVG: 180.63, MAX: 233.83)

1080p extreme DirectX: Score: 9293 (FPS: MIN: 51.36, AVG: 69.76, MAX: 91.49)

Should I get UNIGINE and run that instead

I'd get Valley and upload a screenshot of the final result. Make sure it's installed on an SSD.

I'd get Valley and upload a screenshot of the final result. Make sure it's installed on an SSD.
This the Valley test on 1080p DirectX 11 Ultra attached. I ended up reversing my overclock ended up getting ever so slightly better results on base 3.1ghz (as it automatically goes to 4.3ghz anyways as needed.)
db6c2157-b451-4bea-b6a9-a8aba59e8d01.jpg

Looks a healthy score.

So if you've reset your BIOS, nobbled any CPU OC etc, how is your gaming FPS looking now?

i know you can limit your fps from cmd line on some games (like apex - it's not exactly cmd but almost - it's in origin game options) - maybe something like / similar is happening?

good luck with your quest
f.

i know you can limit your fps from cmd line on some games (like apex - it's not exactly cmd but almost - it's in origin game options) - maybe something like / similar is happening?

good luck with your quest
f.
Do you possibly think it could work the opposite way like using cmd to boost fps? xD

Done all of that but still only getting any avg of around 110 fps

While you're playing, what is the usage of your GPU and CPU?

And you've done all the above (BIOS reset, remove any manual OC etc)?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom