My PC is underperforming!

ICalledShotgun

Novice Member
While you're playing, what is the usage of your GPU and CPU?

And you've done all the above (BIOS reset, remove any manual OC etc)?
On Task manager my usage stays around for my GPU 55%
And my CPU stays around 50-55%
On GPU-Z my GPU load stays around 50-60%

Yes I reset bios, enabled xmp and that's about it. I checked and my CPU is boosting but I'm still getting low fps. Any suggestions?

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Check the settings within the game
"Render resolution " or scaling "

A mate called me to say that the game looked and played like sh*te !
When I look at the game it had set it self to a lower render resolution,
It was still set 1080p high settings but for some reason it had dropped the rendering scaling to a lower setting
It should of been at 100%
But had changed to about 50% .

The setting should be some where in the graphic settings,.

andym81

I have a similar setup to the OP. A 5600x and 3070 overclocked an I'm getting between 130fps to 180fps in warzone with everything maxed out. Apart from texture resolution. If it's on high the game will crash.

Did you say you only had 1 ram stick?

PCambo

I have a similar setup to the OP. A 5600x and 3070 overclocked an I'm getting between 130fps to 180fps in warzone with everything maxed out. Apart from texture resolution. If it's on high the game will crash.

Did you say you only had 1 ram stick?
I run 5800x with 3070 with everything on max even texture and i get above 130. dont get any crashes on warzone, but get crashes on cold war

andym81

I run 5800x with 3070 with everything on max even texture and i get above 130. dont get any crashes on warzone, but get crashes on cold war
I have cold war and for me it's unplayable. Most times I carnt even complete a match without crashing 🤯.

As for warzone it took me ages to figure out what was causing the crashing. I had a 1070 before and I could run the game maxed out with no issue

PCambo

I have cold war and for me it's unplayable. Most times I carnt even complete a match without crashing 🤯.

As for warzone it took me ages to figure out what was causing the crashing. I had a 1070 before and I could run the game maxed out with no issue
coldwar i cant figure it out, my 2070 super played it perfect. it crashed so randomly, sometimes loading the game and in the menus other times can play 15 staright games and then just goes. If i try and play with my brother crossplay it plays 1-2 games then crashes and when starts back up lose the mic. warzone runs perfect no matter what im doing in it

andym81

coldwar i cant figure it out, my 2070 super played it perfect. it crashed so randomly, sometimes loading the game and in the menus other times can play 15 staright games and then just goes. If i try and play with my brother crossplay it plays 1-2 games then crashes and when starts back up lose the mic. warzone runs perfect no matter what im doing in it
Iv pretty much gave up with cold war lol. It crashes more when I turn raytracing off

eaglemmoomin

Am curious if this has been resolved. Can't help feeling it's the single stick of Ram. Have you got it in the primary slot for the channel? Pretty sure if the mobo is not ITX. You will have an A channel and a B channel for two sticks of DDR4 per channel. Fairly sure optimum layout for RAM is two sticks. 4x can be sometimes unstable on AMD at anything but 2333/2666 (in my experience).

I've had lots of issues with RAM on Ryzen. Gone through two different sets at 16GB then combined for 32GB. Before ending up with 32GB across two 16GB sticks. It's been fine since.

pcaddy

@ICalledShotgun You should definitely get 2 RAM sticks preferably a new kit with 2 matched sticks, I would get 32GB I think that would solve your problems, one of the cheapest good quality I would go for would be Corsair Vengeance, no RGB but you don't need that.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom