my panasonic tx p42vt30b turned up today

archer1204

Standard Member
Reaction score
so just got my new panasonic tx p42vt30b today what settings etc you suggest i try so far no green tints or dead pixels so far etc.I mainly use it for watching blu rays and a bit of gaming.

from research I have done it seems that you should leave it in THX mode for the first 200 hours or so to run in properly and don't use dynamic modes for long periods....

So pretty new to all this whats classed as dynamic modes?

So pretty new to all this whats classed as dynamic modes?

Dynamic mode is one of the presets.

No need to restrict yourself to THX mode either - on my GT30, THX mode has a green hue to it which I don't like, so I tend to use Cinema mode. Pro modes are fine too.

It seems to be sensible to reduce contrast, brightness and sharpness just to be on the safe side.

Also - try not to play games with fixed/static graphics for too long (ie. hours) either to start with.

Ok so put it into THX mode very happy apart from a quick quibble for some reason a couple of channels i have noticed the top 2 lines seem to have intermittent white and black lines like on CNN but not on bbc news any ideas how to get rid of this.Whats the best mode for watching blurays etc?

for some reason a couple of channels i have noticed the top 2 lines seem to have intermittent white and black lines like on CNN but not on bbc news any ideas how to get rid of this.

Turn 'overscan' on :)

hi mikej can you tell me what overscan is or means cheers and why would it only affect certain channels im new to plasmas

Hi so after xmas gonna drag out the xbox 360 and ps3 what do you think the best gaming settings are at day and night?

hi mikej can you tell me what overscan is or means cheers and why would it only affect certain channels im new to plasmas

Some TV channels are broadcast with a bit of code across the top, which would have been hidden on an older CRT TV. Most flatscreen HD TVs have a mode which zooms in on the picture slightly and effectively removes it.

The main issue with having it turned on is that it effectively removes 1:1 pixel mapping which is desirable at times (when watching BluRays for example) but this doesn't really make much difference to the average Freeview channel picture quality I would suspect.

Hi so after xmas gonna drag out the xbox 360 and ps3 what do you think the best gaming settings are at day and night?

There is a gaming mode which should turn off any unnecessary picture processing (and therefore reduce lag), but I find that cinema mode (which I use for normal viewing) works just as well and looks better to my eyes.

I use the same settings for my GT30 day and night and haven't really come across a situation where I need to change this yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom