• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My Panasonic DVD Recorder tunes into Welsh rather than West Programmes

Sonic4

Standard Member
I live in Bratton,Westbury, Wiltshire. My Panasonic TV tunes in to the local Mendip transmitter, and I receive BBC West Programmes. However my Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX77EB tunes into the Wenvoe Transmitter with the result that progammes I record are captured from the Wenvoe Welsh Transmitter - resulting in recorded programmes being "Welsh". I suspect the solution is linked to using the correct channel/frequency, and manual rather that auto tuning. At the age of 75, I would be grateful for step by step instructions that would solve this dilemma.

Gavtech

Administrator
I live in Bratton,Westbury, Wiltshire. My Panasonic TV tunes in to the local Mendip transmitter, and I receive BBC West Programmes. However my Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX77EB tunes into the Wenvoe Transmitter with the result that progammes I record are captured from the Wenvoe Welsh Transmitter - resulting in recorded programmes being "Welsh". I suspect the solution is linked to using the correct channel/frequency, and manual rather that auto tuning. At the age of 75, I would be grateful for step by step instructions that would solve this dilemma.

Before going to the trouble of dealing with the problem in the way you describe, it is worth trying a simpler method that may work, depending on local circumstances.

Disconnect the aerial and scan for channels. This will completely empty the memory of channel place-holders which often causes problems of this nature in the case of reception from multiple transmitters.

Then reconnect the aerial and scan once more.

With luck, that may work.
If it does not then the detail can be considered and a suitable strategy devised.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom