My Panasonic 37PX70B has broken, I have £800 to spend Via warranty. What do I choose?

PAUL7331

John lewis have been great so far to be fair to them, but now I need to choose a suitable replacement. Ideally I need a 37-inch but Might just be able to fit in a 42'', but would be touch and go, I'll have to measure later.

Ive been looking at the PANASONIC TH42PZ80B at JL for £999 (But im sure I could pricemath this to get it a lot cheaper ?????) As Empire Direct have gone bust, what stores do you know of who JL will pricematch?

The other TV is the next model up, the TH42PZ800B, JL do this for £1220, but again, I should be able to get this cheaper?

And the only other Pannie I can see on JL is the LCD TX37LZD81, but I'm not so sure about venturing in to the LCD market just yet.

Can anybody recommend anything? Ive spoken to JL and they DO pricematch TV'S if they have to be replaced under warranty, so If I find a decent bargain, I can ask them to PM, and even pay more than the £800 I purchased the TV for so I can get an upgrade, if that makes any sense!

Any ideas what I should choose?

nur5ey

Standard Member
John lewis have been great so far to be fair to them, but now I need to choose a suitable replacement. Ideally I need a 37-inch but Might just be able to fit in a 42'', but would be touch and go, I'll have to measure later.

Ive been looking at the PANASONIC TH42PZ80B at JL for £999 (But im sure I could pricemath this to get it a lot cheaper ?????) As Empire Direct have gone bust, what stores do you know of who JL will pricematch?

The other TV is the next model up, the TH42PZ800B, JL do this for £1220, but again, I should be able to get this cheaper?

And the only other Pannie I can see on JL is the LCD TX37LZD81, but I'm not so sure about venturing in to the LCD market just yet.

Can anybody recommend anything? Ive spoken to JL and they DO pricematch TV'S if they have to be replaced under warranty, so If I find a decent bargain, I can ask them to PM, and even pay more than the £800 I purchased the TV for so I can get an upgrade, if that makes any sense!

Any ideas what I should choose?
hey it's a pity you couldn't go a little bigger Costco have the 46 incher for £770 at the mo..with 5 years warranty...:thumbsup:

PAUL7331

hey it's a pity you couldn't go a little bigger Costco have the 46 incher for £770 at the mo..with 5 years warranty...:thumbsup:
Bummer! I would have happily snapped that up, but might even struggle with the 42, Although I think I'll gamble.

At the moment the TH42PZ80B is winning the battle for me as the reviews ive read etc have been great and I DO NOT need Freeview has have an external Digi box.

The store where is covering my warranty replacement is the John Lewis Nottingham store. Does anybody know what store has this TV the cheapest that JL will willingly pricematch?

nur5ey

Standard Member
Paul, I'm afraid that JL def won't price match Costco tried that myself..lol..they only seem to match the bigger high street stores.:thumbsdow

But maybe someone else would be able to help..Hopefully...;)

rewerb

Novice Member
If you can wait a couple of weeks they might have the new 2009 models, including the new 37" PX80 replacement.

Perrioli

I rang JL in Glasgow on Monday and ordered the PZ80 for £699 with the 5 yr warranty and free delivery to Belfast. You should contact your local JL and get them tp pricematch Glasgow, which they should do.:thumbsup:

A

Ananokki

I rang JL in Glasgow on Monday and ordered the PZ80 for £699 with the 5 yr warranty and free delivery to Belfast. You should contact your local JL and get them tp pricematch Glasgow, which they should do.:thumbsup:
As far as I am aware JL Glasgow have raised their price to £999.

uhal

Banned
I would nt be keen on paying a grand for the pz80 with the new models around the corner, and new models from other manufactorers to ?

Would sqeeze that 42 inch in though ! lol

steve

Last edited:

PAUL7331

Im now waiting on a PM with JL, Im gonna go for the 50'' model! (Assuming I can get it for either £950 or £999. :thumbsup:

uhal

Banned
great ! but how do you go from just fitting a 42 to getting a fifty !! has the gf admited that size does matter !!

steve

Inked

Distinguished Member
Paul, I'm afraid that JL def won't price match Costco tried that myself..lol..they only seem to match the bigger high street stores.:thumbsdow

But maybe someone else would be able to help..Hopefully...;)
JL don't match Costco because you can only shop there if you are a member (paying a yearly fee). JL will only pricematch shops that anyone can walk into and purchase goods.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom