My panasonic 32pd30 isn't progressive scan capable!!!

Reaction score
I've just found out my 32pd30 isn't true ntsc/pal progressive.

I emailed the company my denon 2800 mkII pal/ntsc prog scan dvd player was bought from, and they have told me not to use the prog scan on the dvd player as there is no tv in the uk that does ntsc/pal progressive. He recommended i turn the prog scan off on the dvd player and used interlaced. After explaining i got the dvd player because the tv was ntsc/prog scan enabled and thats why i got the dvd player & telling him which tv i have he said...

We have come across this TV several times since Christmas, in exactly the same situation as you are describing.

I think you have been misled.

This television claims to be progressive scan, but isn't. It is actually de-interlacing via line doubling - it's not the same thing.

Is he right, have i been sold a pretend prog scan tv or is he talking out of his ring?

That's what i thought but the shop say they have had a problem with this dvdplayer/tv combo since christmas, which is impossible as the tv hasn't been out that long.

I reckon he's bulling as i'm pushing for a refund and he's not for giving me one.

It seems like the guy on the email you got doesnt fully understand the way way the PD30 works! The PD30 does do its own de-interlacing and is called "Acuity" but this set can also accept a real progressive signal via its component inputs.

The reason for Acuity is so that interlaced feeds can appear in a higher resolution and give the apperance of a progressive image.

Originally posted by bodyfodder
The PD30 does do its own de-interlacing and is called "Acuity"

Nope. The Acuity hi res mode is 75Hz interlaced. The set does have an built in deinterlacer, but you need to select the progressive scan mode to use this.

dtsrules, what exactly is the problem you are having?

My main problem is the pal progressive on the denon is rank,subtitles are awful, sometimes unreadable and the lip sync can be miles out but the company say its the tv as its not true progressive.

Doesn't matter now as they are letting me swap the terrible denon 2800 mkII + some cash, for a nice shiny silver 2900 at the end of the month. At least this way i will have a true Pal progressive image going into the tv and not some dodgy firmware update version

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom