1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My own calibration chart.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ROne, Aug 19, 2002.

1. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If you want to have a look at my own calibration chart:

http://www.rone.go-plus.net/Calibrate/Black-White5mbit.zip

Rather hasty, but I have black level, white clipping point and steps on one chart for my own need.

Its a MP2 about 1/2MB and uncompressess to 5MB. Put it on loop as its only a 10sec file.

Let me know what you think (it was rather a hasty attempt but I thought I'd share it with you.)

No cocky comments about ripping off AVIA, this is my own chart created from my own material but does use a bit of AVIA inspiration.

ROne.

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm my other pc didnt play it but this one works fine if I rename it to .mpg.

3. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah there may be issues with playback, it has been encoded with a hardware MP2 encoder. Which uses the extension .MP2 this can be renamed to whatever your decoders prefer such as MPG, M2v and others etc.

The logic is that if you can have a file on your desktop you won't have to keep swapping disks if you want to calibrate which is the main reason I made it.

From the fact there are no comments I assume I won't bother progressing this idea ... sighs... Come on let's make our own calibration disk!