My Other Passion

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Streetrod, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Streetrod

Streetrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    My first love is cars, in particular Street Rods. I have built a few over the years. These have now been sold but the first car I built I still have but it is in need of restoration at the moment. see picks below. I did all the work including the a paint, and body work. This was first built over 20 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That looks like a Beetle with a Willys kit...not seen one for years!

What other street rods have you built?

3. technoman28

technoman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Great to see a proper customized car, I used to build plastic model kits of them when I was younger (AMT, etc), I had hundreds of them. People seem to think that bolting a bodykit onto vauxhall nova is cool, but when you see what can be done it suprises me that you dont see more of these cool beasts on the road. Thanks for sharing.

4. Streetrod

Streetrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks Technoman, Yes I do believe in doing things right and Rhoamish, yes it was based on a Willys kit but if you compared it to the original kit you will see the amount of modifications I have done, and this was my first every car. Modifications include a 4 inch roof chop, the rear window was chopped 2 inches and moved up in the body, the fenders are steel and have been widened 2 inches at the frount and 4 at the back, the running boards are hand made in steel. The car has no door handles, you get in by remote which again I made my self. The engine is a half race 1776cc with twin webber carbs and various other go faster goodies and the list goes on and on. As to other cars these have included a real willys coupe and a 46 Ford. The beetle will be restored as soon as I can get some free time.
    I am now looking to build a new Gararge so I can start a new Street Rod Project, hopefully something like a 36 or 37 Ford coupe like the pics below

Attached Files:

5. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,161
    How much did you or do you sell these beasts for, absolutely incredible work gone into them :smashin: .

6. Streetrod

Streetrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I dont build them to sell, its just a passion for streetrods. In the UK is hard to sell one for more than they cost to build. But a well build rod from a desirable year could go for about £30k. In the USA things are very different. Its a huge business with people willing to spend over a million dollars to build a car just to win a prestigous award, crazy but true