My openplan living room

Hey suniil,

Those KEF 5005s do indeed look sweet with the covers off! I like your taste in equipment - not just because of the excellent Sony 3200ES amp, but because I think we both have the same fridge (an American style LG)! :rotfl:

You've got a great set up, and the fact that it's practical, and your daughter is having fun with the Wii - well, that's what it's all about: Lifestyle! Two thumbs up from me! Great job! :thumbsup:

Big smiles,

Andy.

upgrade time again!

a. SVS PB plus 12 /2
b. 2 x Squeezebox SB3

DSC_0027_s.jpg

DSC_0017_s-2.jpg

correct me if im wrong, but is the thing under the keyboard your new sub? if it is, im surpised i havent heard it from here.

Lovely setup you have there. :thumbsup:

Big SVS subs are awsome hope your enjoying yours as much as i enjoy mine.

Im very tempted by a squeezebox instead of getting a cd player, i have seen a modified version which when put through a DAC is supposed to sound very good. Downside to that would mean getting more HD space and ripping all my cd's in a lossless format. But to keep it on topic how are you finding the S'Box, it is the functionality that appeals to me. Also seeing as you have 2 can you stream music to them both at the same time? Very intrested to hear how you get on with them.

i NEED that sub!

yes, that is an SVS monster - SVS PB12+/2 - 900w RMS & 2 x 12" drivers.

correct me if im wrong, but is the thing under the keyboard your new sub? if it is, im surpised i havent heard it from here.

Daddy k: you are welcome to listen, if you happen to pass thru' elephant & castle, London

what SVS model do you have?

I don't rip any music at all, most of them (full albums) are available in newsgroups, in several formats. I've 2 SB3s now, but had one SB1 too. Streaming to all s'boxes concurrently are fine, without any drops. IIRC if you use optical / Digital out of SBs it will use AMPs DAC.

slowpoke: I use DIY linkstation (kurobox with 300GB HDD) running with Debian Linux. It consumes only 17watts power and i've slimserver, swisscenter (for video streaming to pinnacle showcenter 200), torrentflux (bittorrent client) running on the tiny machine :)

Downside to that would mean getting more HD space and ripping all my cd's in a lossless format. But to keep it on topic how are you finding the S'Box, it is the functionality that appeals to me. Also seeing as you have 2 can you stream music to them both at the same time? Very intrested to hear how you get on with them.

Hi Sunil
How hard would it be to set that up with very limited technical skills? I need a way to store/stream music and not relying on my PC to be on.
Cheers
Rob

It's not very hard to get on to it.

Instead of Kurobox route, you could buy this or this (Buffalo linkstation)

Also there is wiki/forum for all your queries.

Hi Sunil
How hard would it be to set that up with very limited technical skills? I need a way to store/stream music and not relying on my PC to be on.
Cheers
Rob

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have an old Buffalo linkstation that I don't use anymore - used to use it to stream to my Xbox but since getting the 360 I don't use the Xbox.

So can I update that to have server software running on it? It is a pain needing the PC on to stream to the 360, so if I could get the NAS to stream I could instead buy a showcenter or similar.

It can be done, assuming you can do a bit of php/linux/webserver tweaking

I have an old Buffalo linkstation that I don't use anymore - used to use it to stream to my Xbox but since getting the 360 I don't use the Xbox.

So can I update that to have server software running on it? It is a pain needing the PC on to stream to the 360, so if I could get the NAS to stream I could instead buy a showcenter or similar.

Additions again with an HTPC!

Zalman HD135 HTPC case, i'm impressed with build quality, usability & form factor
DSC_0061_s.jpg

Plenty of connections in back panel of M2A-VM HDMI mobo (just ÂŁ50 from scan, uk!)
DSC_0014_s.jpg

Sorry, need to hide/tidy up cables of monitor. It runs from front cabinet all the way to lounge sofa. Wall bracket has features to fold, tilt etc, so that i can fold monitor back to wall after use
DSC_0056_s.jpg

Playing Happy feet (1080p) on plasma (clone mode).
DSC_0050_s.jpg

you don't belive.. just ÂŁ550ish (add another ÂŁ100 for DVB-S2 Card). Couple of pics pending here, as i've installed DVB-S2 card for S*Y HD. Now i'm able to watch, record & distribute HD contents to other PCs in network [need valid S*Y HD Subs ]

How much was your HTPC ?

not sure how to express! but I've watched Matrix Ultimate HD DVD [True HD Track]. All i can say Never heard before this kind of bass, i'm satisfied with the quality and level [sheer output] of Bass!

Wow...some serious bass on offer there :thumbsup: how are they sounding ?

not sure how to express! but I've watched Matrix Ultimate HD DVD [True HD Track]. All i can say Never heard before this kind of bass, i'm satisfied with the quality and level [sheer output] of Bass!

Excellent :thumbsup:the Ultras are comeing out soon maybe you could make it 3 :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom