My openplan living room

suniil

Prominent Member
Reaction score
A special thankyou note for all members who helped me in different areas!

A year and 5 months ago i've joined this forum for suggestions on a plasma screen. TBH that's my first TV or entertaintment kit after i relocated to england.

My kit includes:- (updated: 30-01-07)

- Panasonic 42PX600
- Denon 1920
- Toshiba HD E1
- Sony STR-DA3200ES
- Canton CD50 fronts
- KEF KHT5005 rears
- SVS PC+ 25-31 on Auralex Gramma
- SVS PB Plus /2
- BFD FQB 2496
- SKY HD
- Pinnacle Wi-Fi Showcenter 200
- TiVO 280 GB networked
- Opentel Sat Receiver to HOTBIRD
- Kurobox (Power PC / N AS) running with Debian Linux operating system. Slim server installed for Music server
- Squeezebox SB3 x 2
- Nintendo Wii
- Sling Box

feb 05
I've started with Panasonic 37PW7 (special thanks to HD who suggested me against my first posting), panasonic SCHT520 1 box home cenima

DSC01264-1.jpg

august 05
6 months later changed carpet to laminated flooring, bought new cabinets and upgraded 5.1 system to Harman Kardon HKTS11 & Toshiba SD350 DVD Player

16074817.jpg

dec 05
another 3 months gone. bought a SVS PC+ subwoofer, fronts upgraded to Canton CD50s and rears to KEF KHT5005

DSC02338.jpg

july 06
upgraded plasma to 42PX600
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Other photos (old & new)
160748171.jpg

Argos cabinets same as me with Plasma directly above them.
Are you in my house ;)

I like the look of those cabinets. What's the build quality like?

build quality is not as good as ikea ones, but this perfectly matches and fits the place.

Timmy C said:
I like the look of those cabinets. What's the build quality like?

shahedz: thanks. second photo was taken from your camera! yesterday i've upgraded to Nikon D50

steviela360: yes mate, 2 argos cabinets put together. do you have any snaps floating around where i can see your place? thanks.

Nice place suniil, looks very impressive, so much better after you laid that floor!

Thanks CFS

It's very thin fluorescent lighting from B&Q.

cabinet is from argos (melbourne entertaintment unit x 2)
t.gif
another cabinet recommendation is Ikea bonde sideboard. very good one, but looks better without legs. also you may not be able to fix the back panel as the width is just 40 cms.

dalepearson said:
Looks very nice indeed. I have been looking at those cabinets for when I move house. What did you use for the lighting behind the cabinet?

just bought px600 otherwise fujitsu 58 series :(. but now decided to give more focus to move to a bigger place. now i've an open plan room includes living / dining / kitchen where lot of limitations for sound

ashmufc said:
Very nice! You changed your kit a lot! LOL! What next? 1080p?

Well done on the SVS fella :smashin: top notch getting it into your room and still keeping it 'VERY tastful' looks great......

Ahhh takes me back to the days of having my SVS Ultra :D

Thanks mate. Got a nice place to hide place, still noticable for AV enthusiasists!

BTW, you sold your Ultra?

Mr THX said:
Well done on the SVS fella :smashin: top notch getting it into your room and still keeping it 'VERY tastful' looks great......
Mr THX said:

Ahhh takes me back to the days of having my SVS Ultra :D

suniil said:
Thanks mate. Got a nice place to hide place, still noticable for AV enthusiasists!

BTW, you sold your Ultra?

I did indeed, not through the problem of sound quality TBH, it was purley cosmetic.

suniil said:
cabinet is from argos (melbourne entertaintment unit x 2)
t.gif
another cabinet recommendation is Ikea bonde sideboard. very good one, but looks better without legs. also you may not be able to fix the back panel as the width is just 40 cms.

Couldn't help but notice the Argos cabinet as I've been considering the same cabinet myself, but was wondering, do remote control signals work OK through the frosted glass doors?

I know it sounds like a daft question, but I'd hate to have to leave the doors open just because I want to change channels, adjust the volume, etc!

Thanks.

yes it does.

But if you have SKY HD box you may have to open doors for allowing heat to escape. I always kept the doors closed when i had SKY+ box, but HD box generates lot of heat.

DirtyNorris said:
Couldn't help but notice the Argos cabinet as I've been considering the same cabinet myself, but was wondering, do remote control signals work OK through the frosted glass doors?

I know it sounds like a daft question, but I'd hate to have to leave the doors open just because I want to change channels, adjust the volume, etc!

Thanks.

Not the sort of first post i thought id be making but where did you get your sofa???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom