my old Sony CCD-TR60E video 8 cable problem

moley27

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an old Sony Video 8 HandyCam camera. Its probably 20 plus years old. It comes with a 3 pin RFU 89EA adapter with a male aerial at the other end. i presume to connect to a TV.

I want to connect this Sony camera to my laptop and transfer my old family tapes. My question is do I need this to do it

The RFU 89EA has just two male RCA phono connectors, the above has 3 phono connectors. Obviously I want the audio and video transferred.

Thanks for any help

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
No, you can just use the phono outputs on the camera, but you will need a capture device, not just a cable. Something like this: AITOO USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter,VHS to USB Converter PC Adapter TV Audio Video DVD USB 2.0 - VHS VCR TV to DVD Converter support Win 2000/Win Xp/Win Vista/Win 7/Win 8/Win 10: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

That cable is a con and will not work in 99.9% of cases. There's a tiny amount of equipment that support A/V over a USB connection.
How do I connect the phono outputs to the capture device? Sorry for being a complete smooth brain here.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Welcome to the forum @BMO 2003 :hiya:

you would need an analogue AV cable (make sure you get the right one for your camcorder) such as this
Amazon product ASIN B00I7Y4GZ6That would then connect between the camcorder and USB capture device.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom