My newbie HTPC / Gaming PC Build Thread

dr_jae

Standard Member
Hello all,

I'm a long time reader of the forums but this is my first contribution. My Vista PC has finally given up the ghost after a very long and drawn out illness and I've decided this is the time to build the HTPC and Gaming rig that I've always wanted using Vista 7.

I've built many systems before but only business or basic home machines. This will be my first foray into specialized hardware.

Here's what I've got penciled in for my spec so far:-

Case - Silverstone LC17
Mobo - Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Processor - Intel Core i7 920 2.66
Proc Colling - Scythe Mini Ninja
Graphics - Nvidia 295GTX
Memory - 6GB OCz Gold DDR3 2000 mhz
PSU - Corsair HX 620w
Storage (OS Drive) - OCZ 60GB Solid State
Storage (Data) - 3 x Samsung EcoGreen F2 1.5 TB
Optical Drive - LG BH08LS20 Blu-Ray writer
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate

As some of you will notice this is heavily influenced by Razor's excellent HTPC/Gaming thread with a few modifications.

There's two things I'm not sure about though:-

1) TV Tuner card - I need analogue and freeview and want a dual tuner so I can watch and record at the same time. I was going to go for a Blackgold BGT 3540 but I hear they have been discontinued - any suggestions for an alternative?

2) Sound - Will the onboard sound on the Asus P6T motherboard be sufficient or should I get a dedicated card? Cooling is going to be an issue in this box so I'd like to avoid another piece of hardware if I can. I'm looking at a Sony HTRDH500 receiver which I'll be routing sound and video through.

Any thoughts and suggestions will be most welcome and I'll keep you all updated on progress as I source the parts.

Jae

Last edited:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Hi dr_jae and welcome to the forums. Its nice to see that my thread has given you a start on which parts to pick for your gaming build. :)

1 - I haven't a clue about tv cards as I dont use one.
2 - Onboard sound is pretty poor compared to a dedicated sound card especially for games. I use a Auzentech Forte for my system and it allows me to play all my games in DD or DTS. It can't however do HD audio.
If you want HD audio then go for the Auzentech HD theatre which is basically my card with a HDMI port and HD audio support.

Or you can use a 5870/5850 for HD audio bitstreaming direct to your amp.

One sound card I recomend not to buy is a HDAV1.3. I had no end of issues with gaming on this card. This card also doesnt support hardware decoding for gaming and there uses software which will give you a hit on the frame rate in your games. Avoid if you want a gaming rig.

Your spec looks fine (similar to mine). One thing I would change is the 295gtx. These cards are now end of line and soon to be replaced with the GT300 series cards by nvidia. This should happen in about a months time. If you cant wait that long go for an ATI 5870. Performance is about the same as a 295gtx and the 5870 has DX11 support which the 295gtx doesn't.

You might want to pick up some after-market fans as the case fans on the LC17 are noisy and poor. The cpu cooler fan is also poor.

Get these for the rear (2 No.) Run these with the LNA cable to knock the dB rating down to 10dB.

NF-R8 80mm Quiet Case Fan

Get these for the front HDD cage and CPU cooler (2 No.) Run the cpu cooler with the LNA and the HDD cage with a ULNA adapter to knock the dB rating down to 13.1 & 7.9 respectively.

http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/92mmfans/nf-b9-1600

You can also add these to the shopping list.

Fansis Fan Gaskets

Fansis Fan Gaskets

Silica Gel Anti-Vibration Screws, qty 8 (2 fans)

Anti-Vibration PSU Gasket

Last edited:

Cafe Racer

Problem with analogue AND freeview TV cards is that a lot of them do analogue OR freeview, even though they are dual tuner. So you need to be careful what you get.

Also, with analogue tuners, you really need one with onboard encoding, as some that don't need the PC to do the encoding, which means more processor usage, and usually a hardware encoding card gives better quality encoding.

I think the HVR4000 does freeview and analogue at the same time, and has encoding hardware - but my advice would be to ring Hauppage and check - they have been helpful to me on the phone.

You might find that you can get away with a separate single tuner analogue card and a dual freeview tuner card, if you have the space that is. PVR150 is a good single tuner analogue.

If you DON'T need one that will do both at the same time, but you want to occasionally capture analogue (VCR, Camcorder etc), you should be able to do this with a Pinnacle 3010ix if you can find one on ebay they area bargain. The 3010ix is a PCIe card which does both Analogue and DVB-T, but not at the same time

dr_jae

Standard Member
Hi both,

Thanks for the replies.

Razor - I've heard good things about the Auzentech sound cards so it's good to hear that backed up - I'll start shopping around. Cheers for the info on fans too - I'd planned to buy some aftermarket case fans but hadn't thought about how many or which to buy - will three case and one processor be enough?

Might well wait for the new NVidia cards - I've got to wait for the official release of windows 7 anyway, so a bit longer won't hurt.

Cafe Racer - Thanks for the info on TV cards. I do need analogue and freeview together as until I convince my landlord to let me upgrade the aerial I can't get BBC 1 & 2 through freeview (I know - pain in the arse!). I'll check out the Hauppage card.

Cheers!

rchads89

Banned
hold on am i reading this right :

Case - Silverstone LC17
Graphics - Nvidia 295GTX
PSU - Corsair HX 620w
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate

You need higher than 620w PSU .... 680w PSU is minium for a 295GTX. Just be careful who you take info from on forums most people who think they no everything no very little....

Also if your looking to get a good overclock on that i7 i would not go for a Scythe Mini Ninja cpu cooler.......

Just spotted that Silverstone LC17 :S Cooling is limited, air flow is limited, 295GTX may be a tight fit.

Try
coolermaster cm690 very good airflow
coolermaster ranges
antec ranges

All have decent cooling

Last edited:

dr_jae

Standard Member
Thanks for your input rchads89. You're right about the psu - nvidia do specify 680w minimum for the 295gtx. I guess I need to up that to the corsair 750w.

Isn't the coolermaster 690 a tower case? I'm sure a mate has one. I'm going to stick with the silverstone case - I like the fact the way it positions the PSU so that it draws airflow seperately from the rest of the case and I don't think size will be an issue - it's practically the same size as a tower on it's side.

The reviews I've read of the scythe mini ninja all seem to be positive - why is it that you don't like it, and do you know of any alternatives that would fit in a HTPC case?

Razor

Distinguished Member
hold on am i reading this right :

Case - Silverstone LC17
Graphics - Nvidia 295GTX
PSU - Corsair HX 620w
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate

You need higher than 620w PSU .... 680w PSU is minium for a 295GTX. Just be careful who you take info from on forums most people who think they no everything no very little....

Also if your looking to get a good overclock on that i7 i would not go for a Scythe Mini Ninja cpu cooler.......

Just spotted that Silverstone LC17 :S Cooling is limited, air flow is limited, 295GTX may be a tight fit.

Try
coolermaster cm690 very good airflow
coolermaster ranges
antec ranges

All have decent cooling

What a load of rubbish. I run a 4870X2, an i7 @ 4.0Ghz, Watercooling kit, Sound card, fans, 4 HDDs, SSD card all on a HX620 with no trouble at all. A HX620 often out performs many higher rated psu's due to its 50amp triple 12v rails and is fine for a dual gpu setup. The reason why nvidia state 680 watt psu's is because they are taking into account all the low quality power supplies. A 295GTX uses about 20-24amps so a HX620 will be fine. All of this is irrelevant as the OP is not going to go with a 295gtx.

The LC17 is one of the best htpc cases for cooling you can get. People dont want ugly towers in their lounge.

I have a mini ninja in my 2nd hptc case which is also a LC17 and its happily overclocked to 3.5Ghz on a quad core 775 socket intel cpu and its silent running.

Next time you post up accusing someone of not knowing what they are talking about maybe you should get your facts correct first. I have built many overclocked gaming htpcs in LC17s be it with watercooling or air cooling as have others in this forum and none have had any issues. IMO it is you who doesnt know what you are talking about. Looking at your age (20) I have been messing with pc's since you were in nappies.

Also out of interest how many LC17 rigs have you built? :suicide:

I seem to remember you aksing for help on a gaming rig in this thread here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-systems/1060569-new-pc-gaming-build.html

If you are such an expert why are you asking the most basic of questions in this thread? Why are you even asking for help?

I think this post of yours says it all (post 29 from your thread).

I am not sure how to run the test mate, i am not really good with pc's although i think the problems is sorted this ram seems to be fine running.... not restarted its self or froze or blue screened or nothing!

Last edited:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Hi both,

Thanks for the replies.

Razor - I've heard good things about the Auzentech sound cards so it's good to hear that backed up - I'll start shopping around. Cheers for the info on fans too - I'd planned to buy some aftermarket case fans but hadn't thought about how many or which to buy - will three case and one processor be enough?

Might well wait for the new NVidia cards - I've got to wait for the official release of windows 7 anyway, so a bit longer won't hurt.

Cheers!

You can also add a side fan to the LC17 case. I had to get a slim line fan ie 15mm as my chipset coolers from my mobo got in the way of a normal 25mm deep fan. I went for a 11dB 80x15mm silent x fan. :) You will have to loose one of the two HDD cages for the graphics card so only one fan at the front of the case unless you mod case. Here is one of my htpc rigs to give you an idea.

50953-albums356-picture1553.jpg

Last edited:

eiren

Distinguished Member
Yeah the LC17 is one of the best cases for airflow as an HTPC enclosure. I've got a massive CPU overclock and my temps are really good (as good, if not better than many dedicated gaming cases can achieve).

Although it's always best to get the most powerful PSU you can afford from a good brand, a Corsair 620W PSU will certainly run the GTX295 okay if needed. I would get one more powerful though, as you can never have enough power if you wanted to add another graphics card later for example.

The original specs look really good though, that would make a mighty fine gaming HTPC :thumbsup:

rchads89

Banned
What a load of rubbish. I run a 4870X2, an i7 @ 4.0Ghz, Watercooling kit, Sound card, fans, 4 HDDs, SSD card all on a HX620 with no trouble at all. A HX620 often out performs many higher rated psu's due to its 50amp triple 12v rails and is fine for a dual gpu setup. The reason why nvidia state 680 watt psu's is because they are taking into account all the low quality power supplies. A 295GTX uses about 20-24amps so a HX620 will be fine. All of this is irrelevant as the OP is not going to go with a 295gtx.

The LC17 is one of the best htpc cases for cooling you can get. People dont want ugly towers in their lounge.

I have a mini ninja in my 2nd hptc case which is also a LC17 and its happily overclocked to 3.5Ghz on a quad core 775 socket intel cpu and its silent running.

Next time you post up accusing someone of not knowing what they are talking about maybe you should get your facts correct first. I have built many overclocked gaming htpcs in LC17s be it with watercooling or air cooling as have others in this forum and none have had any issues. IMO it is you who doesnt know what you are talking about. Looking at your age (20) I have been messing with pc's since you were in nappies.

Also out of interest how many LC17 rigs have you built? :suicide:

I seem to remember you aksing for help on a gaming rig in this thread here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-systems/1060569-new-pc-gaming-build.html

If you are such an expert why are you asking the most basic of questions in this thread? Why are you even asking for help?

I think this post of yours says it all (post 29 from your thread). THIS MATTERS BECAUSE?

I am not saying i am a computer expert razor but your wrong.

You dont know as much as you think you do.... 295 you want 680w psu so ideally 750w corsair to be safe even if it is a corsair psu. That case is not that great for air flow everything is too tight in the case its a small compated area you will be better of with a antec or a coolermaster. GTX295 like there room they like there space. The case has no cable management so cables will be a problem so airflow will be problem there to.

dr_jae - If your going with that case then the ninja will be about your only option.. not that great with keeping temps down at all when overclocking your i7.

Last edited:

Razor

Distinguished Member
I am not saying i am a computer expert razor but your wrong.

You dont know as much as you think you do.... 295 you want 680w psu so ideally 750w corsair to be safe even if it is a corsair psu. That case is not that great for air flow everything is too tight in the case its a small compated area you will be better of with a antec or a coolermaster. GTX295 like there room they like there space. The case has no cable management so cables will be a problem so airflow will be problem there to.

dr_jae - If your going with that case then the ninja will be about your only option.. not that great with keeping temps down at all when overclocking your i7.

I am not wrong at all and you are correct when you say you are no pc expert judging by your advice in this thread and your other posts on this forum.

Many people run a 295gtx on a HX620. A 295gtx has similar power use as a 4870X2 as its a dual gpu card. My 4870X2 is running with a highly overclocked i7 @ 4.0Ghz. with watercooling setup, multiple hdds and 8 fans. Its the amps which are important not just the wattage. The amp rating on the HX620 is very high for a 620watt psu and is more in line with higher rated psu's.

Are you saying that I am not running a dual gpu card on a highly overclocked system on a HX620? A 295gtx according to this review actually uses slightly less watts than a 4870x2 on an i7 @ 3.0Ghz.

powerg.png

BFG GTX 295 Review: Dual-GPU showdown - Page 14 - Power Consumption & Conclusion

Google about and you will find people who use a HX620 for a 295gtx with no issues. A quick google found this.

2X8800 V GTX295 and power requirements - Overclockers UK Forums

HX620 enough for Geforce 295GTX? - The Corsair Support Forums

The corsiar HX620 is one of the top psu's in its class and easily out performs allot of other psu's which are rated higher. Can you please tell me what experiance you have had with dual gpu cards and the Corsair HX620 psu?

According to this psu calculator a 295gtx with an overclocked i7 @ 3.5Ghz with all the other hardware the OP has listed will be more than enough.

pic here:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5056/psuz.jpg

psu calculator here:

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I know a fair bit about cooling be it water or air and the LC17 is a good htpc case for cooling. If you are so smart please show me a htpc case which is better for cooling in the same price range? As I said before some people dont want a tower in their lounge. Not everyone has their pc in the bedroom and people want their htpc to integrate with their existing av.

As for a 295gtx not fitting a LC17 case well that is also wrong. A 295gtx is the same size a 4870X2 and that fits fine in my case and Eirens. Look at the pic from my pc in the post above.

Last edited:

eiren

Distinguished Member
Rchads, I don't mean to be rude but you are talking rubbish here.

We're talking from the standpoint of genuine experience with everything being discussed on here, not theoretical values.

The Mini Ninja is just one of the options in an LC17 (a good option too). I personally went for a Noctua NH-U9B CPU cooler, and that cools my CPU fantastically. I've gone from 2.83GHz to 4.0Ghz, and could go even higher if I thought it would make any real difference.

This is the HTPC section if you hadn't already noticed... so while a pro gaming case might be optimal for cooling & cable management... that's not the point at all in what we're dealing with.

The LC17 is a fantastic HTPC enclosure that has a great airflow, and enough space for even the gamers among us to fit the top-end kit into.

That's why many of us went for it :thumbsup:

rchads89

Banned
Razor- So your saying you would not go for a higher corsair psu if you had the chance then say to a HX750 ? I know what i would rather do. He would still be better of with full-tower mild-tower case for cooling and a bigger psu if you battle otherwise your clueless. By the way i didnt say the gtx295 wont fit i said it might not fit

eiren- Yep i have noicted its a HTPC section it say it at the top??? I am saying he would be better of with full-tower mild-tower case its a fact better airflow, cable management more options for aircooling. SURE Mini Ninja is a option for the LC17 maybe the only option but still its not really that great of a cpu cooler. Another good reason why to go for a tower. So there again were going back to cooling my point all along

Last edited:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Razor- So your saying you would not go for a higher corsair psu if you had the chance then say to a HX750 ? I know what i would rather do. He would still be better of with full-tower mild-tower case for cooling and a bigger psu if you battle otherwise your clueless. By the way i didnt say the gtx295 wont fit i said it might not fit

So now you are changing your argument from the HX620 isnt enough to, would I go for a bigger psu. :suicide:

I would go for the psu that suited my needs. Simple as that.

If you knew anything about dual gpu cards and the LC17 you wouldnt of even mentioned the 295gtx might not fit.

eiren- Yep i have noicted its a HTPC section it say it at the top??? I am saying he would be better of with full-tower mild-tower case its a fact better airflow, cable management more options for aircooling. SURE Mini Ninja is a option for the LC17 maybe the only option but still its not really that great of a cpu cooler. Another good reason why to go for a tower. So there again were going back to cooling my point all along

What are you talking about. This is a htpc section where people use htpc cases. I suppose you go into a bike forum and tell them to use a car instead of a bike as it can hold more people and has a boot. :suicide:

What don't you understand about a tower case and that people don't want it in their lounge?

I could ask you why you haven't got watercooling as its far better than air cooling? As a cooling expert you would know all about this and have a top end watercooling setup.

It is clear to see you have zero experience with dual gpu card and htpc cases. Next time think twice about posting up comments like this. As this statement clearly applies to you more than anyone else in this thread. ;)

Just be careful who you take info from on forums most people who think they no everything no very little....

Last edited:

rchads89

Banned
So now you are changing your argument from the HX620 isnt enough to, would I go for a bigger psu. :suicide:

I would go for the psu that suited my needs. Simple as that.

If you knew anything about dual gpu cards and the LC17 you wouldnt of even mentioned the 295gtx might not fit.

What are you talking about. This is a htpc section where people use htpc cases. I suppose you go into a bike forum and tell them to use a car instead of a bike as it can hold more people and has a boot. :suicide:

What don't you understand about a tower case and that people don't want it in their lounge?

I could ask you why you haven't got watercooling as its far better than air cooling? As a cooling expert you would know all about this and have a top end watercooling setup.

It is clear to see you have zero experience with dual gpu card and htpc cases. Next time think twice about posting up comments like this. As this statement clearly applies to you more than anyone else in this thread. ;)

I am not changing argument no... The guy can get what he wants for all i care but what i am saying is i would not go for the 620 corsair i would go for the 750 corsair does not hurt to go for more juice deffo with that system!!!

If you knew anything about dual gpu cards and the LC17 you wouldnt of even mentioned the 295gtx might not fit. (OBV OF TOP OF MY HEAD I DONT KNOW I WAS MAKING HIM AWARE)

ALOT of people see HTPC for basic discreet systems not high end gaming systems that draw more heat thats were a tower comes into play with more room, better airflow, more cooling options...

You dont know alot yourself thats obvious so i dont need to think twice about posting anything up.

Thanks

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Just want to interject here.

Razor is probably the first person I would ask on these forums in respect of gaming/HTPC set ups.

Follow his guidance and you will not go wrong, so although we all value opinions, i would stick to the proven and well respected members advice when it comes to choice.

Razor

Distinguished Member
I am not changing argument no... The guy can get what he wants for all i care but what i am saying is i would not go for the 620 corsair i would go for the 750 corsair does not hurt to go for more juice deffo with that system!!!

Looks like you are changing the argument to me. This is what you posted.

&

You dont know as much as you think you do.... 295 you want 680w psu so ideally 750w corsair to be safe even if it is a corsair psu.

If you knew anything about dual gpu cards and the LC17 you wouldnt of even mentioned the 295gtx might not fit. (OBV OF TOP OF MY HEAD I DONT KNOW I WAS MAKING HIM AWARE)

:confused: I own a dual gpu card and 2 LC17's case. I never mentioned the 295gtx might not fit. I said it would fit fine in a LC17 case. Please show me where I said that?

ALOT of people see HTPC for basic discreet systems not high end gaming systems that draw more heat thats were a tower comes into play with more room, better airflow, more cooling options...

Thats why its called a gaming htpc. :rolleyes:
I use my htpc for gaming as do many others. I have been doing it for years and built many gaming htpcs. Just because you game on a hptc it doesnt have to be noisy if you pick the right components. ie case, fans, coolers and hardware.

I bet my main rig which happens to be a htpc runs cooler, more silent and is faster than your current rig (btw I have 3 quad core gaming rigs). I can also guess it has a far better cooling system than your tower pc. ;)

You dont know alot yourself thats obvious so i dont need to think twice about posting anything up.

Thanks

Ok so my advice given on these forums and the fact that a few of my threads are linked in stickies on this site mean I know nothing. :suicide:

Linked in gaming stickie

http://www.avforums.com/forums/5582639-post1.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/pc-games/834424-using-game-pad-pc.html

Linked in htpc stickie

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-pcs/989505-gaming-htpc-thread.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-pcs/972521-razors-watercooled-silent-gaming-htpc.html

This is comment is coming from the so called cooling master that posted this up less than a month ago in one of his threads. :rotfl:

Hi, Just after abit of advise
snip.....

It has has all new good parts in the machine... now i have a slot at the front near the samsung hdd for a 120mm fan and a mesh slot at the side for a fan shall i place extra fans into these slots? I dont really wanna mess things up as i dont really know what i am doing its only been newly built today and looks tidy inside the cables etc?

Is it worth installing these extra fans?

:

Last edited:

gvers

Just want to interject here.

Razor is probably the first person I would ask on these forums in respect of gaming/HTPC set ups.

Follow his guidance and you will not go wrong, so although we all value opinions, i would stick to the proven and well respected members advice when it comes to choice.

Another vote of confidence in Razor's advice. It's been 1st class as always. You really should check out if someone's advice is sound before trying to ridicule it.

Grimley

I don't want to add to the HX620 debate here (520 owner for over 2 years now best PSU I've ever owned) If you want one you'll have to be quick as these are now discontinued. Its replacement is the HX650.

dr_jae

Standard Member
Just to clarify a few points and try to keep the thread on track:-

1) I want a HTPC case not a tower. I'm sticking with the LC17. It looks great, has plenty of space and the airflow looks like it will be fine for me. I could probably get better airflow with a tower case, but I don't want to sacrifice the HTPC look.

2) I'm going to wait for the new NVidia 300 cards so I'll make a decision on the PSU when I've picked a card. I'm leaning towards the 750 though.

I've still got to check out the soundcard and tuner recomended earlier in the thread but I'm pretty settled on everything else.

Does anyone have any good advice on suppliers? I've been looking at the following websites and between them I think I can get most of my components at the cheapest going rates.

ebuyer.co.uk
scan.co.uk
computerwebstore.co.uk
microdirect.co.uk
coolpc.com

Any horror stories from any of them? Or any others that I should be looking at?

Cheers for all the advice!

Last edited:

Apone

Another vote of confidence for the Razor:thumbsup:

I knew nothing about HTPC and would not have been able to tell anybody what components did what, how to put it all together and how to set it all up.

After readng the forums and various set up threads, i decided to take the plunge. Glad i did and now have a nice HTPC that plays BD discs and can also play games. ( No Razor, i have not upgraded my card yet:smashin: soon my friend...soon) Were it not the help from forum members and Razor in particular i would not have been able to build a HTPC.

rchads89 - i know you mean well, but Razor knows what he is talking about.

Apone

Just to clarify a few points and try to keep the thread on track:-

1) I want a HTPC case not a tower. I'm sticking with the LC17. It looks great, has plenty of space and the airflow looks like it will be fine for me. I could probably get better airflow with a tower case, but I don't want to sacrifice the HTPC look.

2) I'm going to wait for the new NVidia 300 cards so I'll make a decision on the PSU when I've picked a card. I'm leaning towards the 750 though.

I've still got to check out the soundcard and tuner recomended earlier in the thread but I'm pretty settled on everything else.

Does anyone have any good advice on suppliers? I've been looking at the following websites and between them I think I can get most of my components at the cheapest going rates.

ebuyer.co.uk
scan.co.uk
computerwebstore.co.uk
microdirect.co.uk
coolpc.com

Any horror stories from any of them? Or any others that I should be looking at?

Cheers for all the advice!

I use scan mostly. Free delivery for forum members. You need to have a certain post count to qualify (sorry can't remember what though)

Quiet PC and Overclockers are also popular. Used Overclockers on occasions and they are ok. They did let me down once by not sending a free game they were offering with a purchase of some memory. Still not the end of the world but like i said, they are popular amongst pc component buyers.

Razor

Distinguished Member

gvers

I'd go with the retailers above. I occasionally use Dabs as well. You'll find horror stories with most of the major retailers but the ones listed seem to get it right most of the time.

Sorry for going off topic earlier in your thread. Good luck with the build and don't forget to create a build thread with lots of pics once you get started.

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
/Mod hat on

Razor and rchads89, please get back to the topic at hand - I dont want to find that a new member has run off rather than come back to his thread....healthy discussion is fine, just keep it civil.

Edit: I will delete any posts further posts that try to regurgitate the arguement.

/Mod hat off

To the OP, there is a reason Razor's posts and threads are linked within the various stickies dotted around the Computer forums and people like myself point other forum members like yourself to his threads - he knows what he is talking about through information learnt through research and builds.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone