My new TV just arrived...

thats french not american, but yeah unless you plan on moving just get rid of it, perhaps keep it for a kettle, or something you may take abroad

lol thanks,

ok so the correct cable i need..... Is it easy to find in shops or do I need to be phoning the place I got it to get a new one?

you didnt get a uk plug also? did you knowingly buy an import?
It looks like a standard "kettle" plug, you can buy cheap ones anywhere like maplin, currys, pcworld or any hifi or AV shop. Should cost you less than a fiver but the hifi and AV shops will sell fancy versions for more

It's actually European not just French. Used in Germany, Spain etc as well as the USA :lesson:

Why not cut the plug off and fit a UK spec plug. Only if you are competent to carry this out safely. If not send it to me and I'll do it for you :D

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
ush flynn said:
you didnt get a uk plug also? did you knowingly buy an import?
It looks like a standard "kettle" plug, you can buy cheap ones anywhere like maplin, currys, pcworld or any hifi or AV shop. Should cost you less than a fiver but the hifi and AV shops will sell fancy versions for more

hi,

nope it's a hyundai Q321 from Novatech. Didn't get a UK plug.

no that wont work actually mate, the pins wont clamp into that properly and even if it did it might not plug into the wall safely.

This plug also has a female socket for a pin which resides in the socket. In france but not, from my experience, in spain

look for something like this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1176&criteria=IEC&doy=1m8

if you have a desktop pc, its the same as whats plugging that into the mains

mememe123 said:
hi,

nope it's a hyundai Q321 from Novatech. Didn't get a UK plug.
Given that Novatech are a UK retailer they are not supposed to supply you with a product that doesn't come with a UK mains plug. Contact them and demand they send you a suitable UK mains lead.

Keep it. You never know when you might need it. As for getting the right plug call up the person/company you ordered it off or the company that makes the TV set.

i'm currently borrowing the power cord out my pc and it's doing the trick just fine. Novatech are sending me the correct cable out straight away so fair play to them! :thumbsup:

If you call Novatech they will post you out a UK Plug. Have you double checked the box. All of our units are supplied with BOTH sets of plugs....European and UK.

It could have been missed at production buy Novatech will send you a free replacement if you contact them.

KnightWolf said:
cut it off and fit a uk plug, that's what i do.:thumbsup:

There is always that option!

Did you take your pc power cable because i said it was the same? haha thats funny! couldnt wait to get the TV powered up so you savaged the PC... One question.. If your "currently" using that cable on your tv... how in blue hell are you posting?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom