1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Toshiba 32ZP18P

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by davand, Mar 1, 2002.

1. davand

davand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my new Toshiba 32ZP18P delivered this morning (at bloody 7.05am believe it or not!). Once set up etc I have to say that I am relly impressed.

I was awaiting the arrival of my TV with some trepidation after reading all the threads relating to this set outlining all the problems. Although I have been viewing for only several hours I have to say that the TV is all I expected and more. The only problem I can find is the slightly noisy power transformer however, when watching TV, video, DVD etc you can't hear it anyway unless viewing at minimal sound which I would never do anyway!!.

One reason why I am posting this is because I want people not to be put off this TV because of all the reported problems here. I'm very grateful for all the posts on this board relating to this TV but I think one's view can get tainted by reading a lot of negative things about a particular product - I am not however trivialising peoples problems with this particular model as I'm sure you have genuine concerns. I would describe myself as a Home Theatre TV novice and as such I am greatly impressed with what I have seen.

I will obviously keep you all posted with the TV's progress (both good and bad) over the coming weeks.

To make things even sweeter for me, I managed to pick this new set up for £1080 which I think you will agree is a bit of a bargain!!

Bye for now.

Andy

2. kounkit

kounkit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Andy,

Can you please post details of where you got the 32ZP18P for £1080? and does it include delivery?
    Best price i've found is £1140.

Cheers,

Kit

3. Jimbob

Jimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think most of the problems reported with this range apply more to the 36" version which seems to suffer far more from the light bars at each end etc.

Yeah £1080 was a bargin!

Jimbob