My New Sony V4000 - Mini Review

DaveMark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys/Girls

Its been a few days since i got my V4000 and thought I would share with you my views

Currently have my Media Centre PC connected via DVI (Converted to HDMI into TV) .. Running at 1080p the pc interface is very very crisp and the standard freeview SD looks fine .. of course no where near as good as HD will when i buy my blue ray player (recommendations welcome)

Im not sure if its because the PC is doing the up scaling but in allot of reviews people stated that the SD was very poor on the v4000 but I must admit though my media centre pc it looks fine ... my g/f is getting a wii soon (for her birthday from me) so that will be a good test for another SD source..

On the whole so far so good and I’m very pleased with the easy set up and its now also on the wall the size was M6 bolt ... will get pictures of my set up soon once i have sorted out the trunking to hide the wires

Any questions from people welcome if they are thinking of getting a V4000

Highly Recommended, only question i have to other owners is, is there pc mode so it can stay in standby but once pc turns on it auto comes on

Cheers

Dave

Opps can a moderator changed Mu to My in the title :oops:

Hi Dave, i'm about to order the 32' version of this set..any ghosting, smearing, or juddering seen anywhere? Fast moving scenes, football etc.

Cheers, Roo

Hi Dave, i'm about to order the 32' version of this set..any ghosting, smearing, or juddering seen anywhere? Fast moving scenes, football etc.

Cheers, Roo

as for fast scenes have not really tested many only watched some basic tv and a few SD movies ... once i get the wii connected up will be a good test ... im not really a footy fan but if somes on will check it out for you

Watch this space

Dave

Just a couple quick questions, as I also interesting in buying this set.

-How's the non-defeatable edge enhancement when viewing text on the lcd, like these forums for eg.

-Any blacklight bleeding or dreaded clouding issues?

-Also like DaveMark mentioned, is there any noticeable juddering or ghosting - but i assume you'll be able to answer when you've got the wii hooked up.

-Oh and finally, how much did you get it for and where from?

Look forward to seeing some shots of it in action! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom