1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Shure e3's

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by edhg, Feb 4, 2005.

1. edhg

edhg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have taken the plunge and grabbed some Shure e3's. Talk about impressive! I wore them on the tube without playing any music just to see how good they were at blocking noise. It was a really weird sensation, I could hear virtually nothing (the odd background noise only), so watching people's lips move without hearing anything was quite odd.
    The sound quality is excellent, not a heavy base, but good all-round sound that literally fills your head.
    Thank you to everyone on this forum for your help - it is unsettling to spend lots of money for something without being able to know how good it is beforehand, but I must say that the advice was spot on.
    Incidentally I got them through Discount Headphones. They price matched with ebay, marked the goods as a gift (so no VAT), gave me a tracking no and were excellent. The headphones arrived in 7 days. I will definitely use them again.

Thanks again to everyone.
    Ed

2. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Good to see the empire of people actually getting decent sound is expanding everyday. There seems to be a lot of interest lately in higher end audio for portable products, which makes me happy. The less people we have walking around with stock earbuds, the better, in my opinion.

lordpercy, I obviously can't speak for edhg's price, and I know you didn't ask me, but I thought you might be interested to know that my pair of Shure E3s cost me about £80 in total, including shipping from the States. I used iDealSound.

3. edhg

edhg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I paid about £80 as well. And so far think they are worth every penny. That's what I love about these forums - good debate on the merits of quality audio and video.

It is a weird sensation hearing yourself breathing (like when your ears are blocked on a plane). What I cant see is how anyone can fit them with anything put the smallest of the ear plugs - anything bigger is far too sore (particularly the hard clear ones)!
    Ed

4. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Ed

Any chance of a link to their website or contact info. Couldn't find them through google!

Cheers

Henry

5. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    http://discountheadphones.com/

6. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I have just bought a pair from these peeps -

MP3 Sound

I haven't got them yet - ( only made the purchase 2 days ago), but they are the cheapest I've seen them, and in the UK to boot.

7. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Just so you know...

Discount Headphones ebay seller is idealsound so you both bought from the same ppl. I also got my e5's from them as well..

cheers

Matt