My New Set Up

Stephen1976

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Right so it was a long time in the making but i have finely done myself good with a nice home system and here she is....(right speaker shall be wall mounted and all wires will be tucked away)

Samsung 46" LCD-TV LE46F86BD

Onkyo 875 Amp (Bought from Sound and vision in bristol)

Quard L2 front/rear/center/ speakers

Wharfedale Sub

Sky HD

PS3

Sony Dvd recorder-hard drive RDR-HXD870

Xbox 360 (Not shown)

Wii (Not Shown)

A mate of mine gave us a hand put it all together,well ok he done most of it

Very happy at the moment.....

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 622
  • resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 544
  • resize2.jpg
    resize2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 465
Looks like a really nice setup but you really do need to get some decent stands for the fronts!

Very Nice Mate.:smashin::smashin:

Can't wait to come and visit when it's all finished.:thumbsup:

Those speakers will look very snazzy up on the wall.

nice..:)

glad to see you mentioned tucking away the cables..:smashin:

Aha - so you're the fella Stu went to the Bristol show with for the double purchase of the 875 ? Hope you're enjoying the new Onkyo and nice tidy setup mate.:smashin:

Is an all in one remote next on the agenda ?;)

Yes mate is was i :)

Great buy i tought.... Yeah i was thinking about the Logitech Harmony 1000 remote that you got...

Would you recommend it?

visualpain on PS3 if you would ever like a race on burnout :)

Better still are you a fifa man??
I'd deffo recommend the 1000 - some people have had some problems with setting it up, but if you invest some time in learning the software then it becomes a doddle in the end.:)

I'm a Burnoutaholic lol - and I'll add ya later when I get home mate cheers.:smashin:

panny BD35, just got one and love it

otherwise the sony s350.

Cheers mate, I'm thinking of having a change so all is up for sale at the mo :) offers invited, but not silly offer amp and speakers cost around 2k

If you are selling anything you need to list it properly on the Classifieds here mate :)

What's your viewing distance, as I am looking to wall mount my 50" and will have about 15 feet distance. Also, how high is the TV? Do you find you can have it slightly higher because of the distance? I'm assuming there is another couch facing the TV by the way.

Ferguson9 said:
What's your viewing distance, as I am looking to wall mount my 50" and will have about 15 feet distance. Also, how high is the TV? Do you find you can have it slightly higher because of the distance? I'm assuming there is another couch facing the TV by the way.

Hi mate, mines a 46" and viewing is 10 feet away, the picture in fairness is deceiving my tv is pretty much bang in the centre of the wall so it's not that high up on the wall, it shouldn't make too much difference. Yep I have another couch facing the tv :)

A few pics of my upgrade/downgrade...

Ive moved from the super set up to a more modest less wires and speakers taking up space... and although its nowhere near as good as the onkyo 875 and speakers it does the job nicely, very happy :)

Attachments

• PB060355.jpg
    PB060355.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 214
  • PB060354.jpg
    PB060354.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 202
  • PB060353.jpg
    PB060353.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 237
  • PB060356.jpg
    PB060356.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 208
  • PB060359.jpg
    PB060359.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 201
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom