1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Set-up - Last Minute Changes?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by El Geet, Jan 5, 2005.

1. El Geet

El Geet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in a slightly awkward (yet incredibly lucky) position. As a Christmas present a member of my family is paying for the installation of some new kit in our front room. The awkward part of this is that I was poised to make some purchases myself and it's difficult to say to someone, "I don't want that; I want a better one" without sounding like an absolute ****. Add to that this is supposed to be a surprise and we have an awkward situation.

My wife has been made privy to the 'surprise' which has meant she has been able to drop a few hints. Finally, I spoke to the guys doing the installation and now know what I am getting. I am pleasantly surprised although it's not exactly what I would have done myself:

Pioneer 435XDE
    Denon AVR2805
    Mission M30s

I think there's a bit of a mismatch between Amp and speakers, no? I guess I should be upgrading my DVD player to something with HDMI?

I reckon I have a little leeway in making some last minute changes...thoughts? I'll report back tomorrow or Friday on how they've set it all up and hopefully you lot can tell me that's fine or advise me otherwise!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    just say the M30's dont match the room decor and you choose something that does...... PS YOU LUCKY ****

3. El Geet

El Geet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol

I know, I know...I considered pretending I was buying all this but I thought bugger it. Probably wrong place to ask but what speakers would be recommended with this set-up? Bear in mind the room isn't that big...15ft*10ft.

The other thing I'm slightly worried about is the installation itself. Now if I was paying for this I'd be all over the installers like a cheap Belgian suit asking about what cabling they'd be using etc... Any hints I should be subtly dropping?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Canton CD2.22??? lok very good sound even better

5. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Lukcy bugger...hope all goes well...looking forward to the piccies ;)

JJ