My New Sammy LE40M61BX has arrived and it rocks!

P

Pgamer

Hi all,

After all the help I got from people on this forum my new Samsung LE40M61BX arrived this morning....and it rocks!!

Really pleased with image quality so far my Xbox 360 is awesome:clap: and my DVDs via HDMI are fantastic as well :clap:

Have my Sky+ running via RGB on input 1 and so far with out changing any settings the results are pretty good, need to have a tweak and play to see if I can make any improvements, any advice on what to do would be really great!!

Will let you know how I get on with it!!

:arty:

If you thinking about getting this TV then go for it, the picture is A1 and the design of it is beautiful!! :smashin:

P

Pgamer said:
Hi all,

After all the help I got from people on this forum my new Samsung LE40M61BX arrived this morning....and it rocks!!

Really pleased with image quality so far my Xbox 360 is awesome:clap: and my DVDs via HDMI are fantastic as well :clap:

Have my Sky+ running via RGB on input 1 and so far with out changing any settings the results are pretty good, need to have a tweak and play to see if I can make any improvements, any advice on what to do would be really great!!

Will let you know how I get on with it!!

If you thinking about getting this TV then go for it, the picture is A1 and the design of it is beautiful!! :smashin:

P

:thumbsup:
You know what to do..... attach some pictures

i have had mine for a few weeks now but only just figured something out...

for me, everything was great apart from the,expected, slightly annoying standard def freeview picture...flesh tones always seem a bit too flat, bright, artificial particularly on things like the news or any live tv etc (things like ER and CSI being the best) :rolleyes:

i had all the dynamic enhancements turned off after reading these forums, where most people seemd to advise this..:lesson:

now, dynamic contrast definitely does not work well for me, that i know...:nono:

i tried the brightness sensor on a couple of times when i first got the telly and watched as the screen darkened down gradually...then i turned it off and forgot about it...

turned it back on today whilst watchin the rugby and left the room...came back in ten minutes later and wondered why thequality looked so much better on the commentery team's faces etc...:confused:

tried it on and off again,

Result: for standard def tv brightness sensor WORKS :smashin:

weird, eh?

by the way

TV:

brightness : 60
Contrast: 72
colour:50
sharpness:0
clour tone: normal

red : 45
green: 68
blue:52

Xbox:
not decided yet...but a bit different...will post when finally decided...:suicide:

Brightness sensor ON

Dynamic Contrast OFF

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice wil give those settings a try.

So do people have different settings for each thing so Xbox 360 etc different to Sky?

P

I am really glad You like Your panel mine should be on My door step Tuesday morning:clap: I cannot wait.

I am thinking of connecting the 360 via VGA and My DVD player via component has anybody got any suggestions on settings etc also should I set the 360 to 720 or higher as I am new to this HD stuff.

Your comments would be really appreciated:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom