1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my new Sagem HD-D45

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ihaventaclue, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ihaventaclue

ihaventaclue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just received my Sagem HD-D45 today,and as i thought i would be, have been blown away.
    i tried out the shrek DVD and PQ is awesome, my only slight problem is i currently sit just undeer 3 metres away from the screen, and have noticed what people on other threads have called frosting on the screen whichs makes you look at the surface of the screen rather than through it, but when i moved over 3 metres away from screen the effect was not noticeable, anybody reading this who is thinking about buying one, i can strongly recommend it, it is very easy to set up.
    i bought mine from JL online Paid £1995 they delivered in 4 days and you get 5 years warranty, what more could you want, dont post reply a free stand, as you really would be taking the michael
    be wary of any too good to be true prices you might see, they probably are, i can sleep at night knowing if anything goes wrong in the next 5 years, a massive shop like JL which trade on their reputation are going to look after me.
    just try going on to a price comparison website and read some of the reviews the online stores get, the amazing thing is people still buy from the rogue ones that are out there.
    right, im going to go and watch return of the ring :D

p.s forgot to say i am currently set up via profigold scart leads, as my DVD plaver/home cinema does :smashin: not have component output. but PQ is still very good

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,700
    I ordered mine from JL online this morning, was kind of hoping it would take a bit longer than 4 days to arrive as it will give me a chance to get rid of my current set and get a stand! The wife is going to go nuts when she sees it but to be able to connect my HTPC to the TV as well as my projector and get all the benefits that will bring I'm sure will make up for it! Post more impressions if you can I'd be interested to hear them. What stand are you using with it and how high is the top of the screen. That's one area I'm very undecided on at the moment, the stands I have in mind are either 330mm high or 520mm high, I'm beginning to think 330mm might be too low and 520mm too high, need something inbetween (and it has to fit in the corner of the lounge!).

Cheers,
    Andy.

3. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you noticed any of these "rainbow/spectrum" effects some people are talking about ?.

Seems that not all people notice them.

4. jonathan

jonathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He hadn't noticed them till I kindly showed him what to look for :rotfl:

5. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ordered mine from JL on Saturday, but they told me upto 10 days for delivery! Just waiting for a phone call now....

Probably going with Optimum stand from Peter Tyson. Base of D45 is 650 according to an earlier post and the 6502SL stand is exactly that.

I have a Tivo, Nokia Media master DVB and a Hauppauge DEC2000, but I intend to build a HCPC from a cheap Dell box I ordered at the weekend. Looking to use a Coolermaster Cavalier 4 as the new case.

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I got an optium stand from peter tyson. Well recomended. They are heavy and solid. Loads of compliments.

7. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,700
    The one I'm considering is the 8002SL http://www.petertyson.co.uk/optimumlcd8002sl.shtml . Just slightly worried whether the screen will be too low on that though (the stand is 370mm tall). The other option though the 8003SL is 550mm tall which I think will be too high! Never simple is it....

Cheers,
    Andy

8. jsage

jsage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nearly ready to buy one at John Lewis, anybody can tell me what difference between fastext (JL write on "Fastext : NO") and teletext. I do suppose Sagem D45 has teletext.

9. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I got the premier excell range in chrome which is designed by yourself. You tell them how many shelves and at what height they should be. I have 6 shelves on mine and paid £500 at the time which was roughly 2 years ago. John lewis normally has these stands on display as well as sevenoaks.

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/optimumpremiereexcelprices.shtml

10. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Fastext is where you can use the coloured buttons on the remote to navigate quickly between related text pages (rather than typing the numbers in each time). I thought this was available on the HD-D45, but I haven't tested it since I don't use analogue TV at all on my set.

11. ihaventaclue

ihaventaclue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the HD-D45 does come with fastext, must be a mistake by JL, my stand is
    800 wide by 540mm high. and is fine for me. my screen is also in the corner, and this works fine :smashin:

12. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,700
    Which stand is it?

Cheers
    Andy

13. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,700
    Which stand is it? Would you say that if it was 17cm lower than it is now it would be too low (i.e. if your stand was only 370mm high)?

Cheers
    Andy

14. Chorlton Dragon

Chorlton Dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My stand is about that high and is about the perfect height for my sofas.

CTD

15. ihaventaclue

ihaventaclue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    andy, i bought the stand brand new on ebay for £150, and the height is just right i personally wouldn't want to go any lower than 500mm. the Manufacturer is TV Stands UK, and the Model no is UKGL05.
    i can email you the picture i had on ebay if you like.
    regards
    al ;)

16. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,700
    Yeah can you email me a pic thanks.. 2 pretty conflicting views there from CTD and al as to the ideal height. I think too low is probably worse than too high but I reckon if I have it on the 370mm stand the centre of the screen will be at eye level which is about right isn't it?

Cheers
    Andy