My new PX80 and dust...

avtuner

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please can someone tell me where I can get a decent dust cloth for my new TV. It's beautiful but constantly attracts dust... It's all over my PS3 and glass table too and I'm wiping it off almost once a day! I currently use those jiff dust mop things but to no great effect!

Thanks for your time on this very minor issue!

James

:thumbsup:
Hi,

Please can someone tell me where I can get a decent dust cloth for my new TV. It's beautiful but constantly attracts dust... It's all over my PS3 and glass table too and I'm wiping it off almost once a day! I currently use those jiff dust mop things but to no great effect!

Thanks for your time on this very minor issue!

James

I use...I mean my wife:D uses any lint free cloth, the last lot we bought were from Lidle. I know that you can also get proper screen cleaners, much more expensive of course.

Oh...almost forgot, make sure you do not use any detergents, just water, this is of course mho only.:thumbsup:

I rented a room a while ago which had small size radio alarm looking machine in it, plugged into the mains. I disconected this to plug in my own gear. Two days later there was dust everywhere. My landlady explained the small machine was an Ioniser.

An air ioniser is a device which uses high voltage to ionise, or electrically charge, molecules of air. This cleans the air by charging smoke, dust and pollen particles which will then be attracted to a neutral or positively charged surface. Heavier combined particles may fall out of the air should two smaller particles of different charge clump together.

They can be bought in various sizes, they work for me.
Ted.

I rented a room a while ago which had small size radio alarm looking machine in it, plugged into the mains. I disconected this to plug in my own gear. Two days later there was dust everywhere. My landlady explained the small machine was an Ioniser.

An air ioniser is a device which uses high voltage to ionise, or electrically charge, molecules of air. This cleans the air by charging smoke, dust and pollen particles which will then be attracted to a neutral or positively charged surface. Heavier combined particles may fall out of the air should two smaller particles of different charge clump together.

They can be bought in various sizes, they work for me.
Ted.

So, you're saying no more dust on your TV (or anything else for that matter) if you own an Ioniser?

Wikipedia said:
Unfortunately, the high electric fields used to create the air ions can also generate ozone (an energetic allotrope of oxygen), and NOx. Both are toxic. Even in relatively low concentrations, they can irritate lung tissues, cause chest pain, coughing, throat irritation, and can worsen the conditions of persons suffering from asthma.

Worthwhile bearing that in mind before considering an ioniser.

Also, the same article argues that they're relatively ineffective at purifying air with dedicated air purifiers doing a substantially better job.

Also, the same article argues that they're relatively ineffective at purifying air with dedicated air purifiers doing a substantially better job.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Unfortunately, the high electric fields used to create the air ions can also generate ozone (an energetic allotrope of oxygen), and NOx. Both are toxic. Even in relatively low concentrations, they can irritate lung tissues, cause chest pain, coughing, throat irritation, and can worsen the conditions of persons suffering from asthma.

Small price to pay if you got read of the dust:rotfl::rotfl:

Hi,

I dont want to spend too much really, just want a decent cloth to stop the dust!

ive had this problem aswell what worked for me was to get my tesco microfiber cloth rinse it with warm water and wring the bloody hell out of it teh best u can then wipe ya telly let the cloth dry and tv then wipe again now i only wipe it every 2-3 days :D hope this helps

Be careful with the type of cloth that you use on the bezel though. it scratches very easily. I use a very soft microfibre cloth made by Pentax, designed for camera lenses and it can still leave very fine scratches on the piano black bezel.

Tom

Why not use the cloth that comes with the TV, should at least be safe to use without scratching...

Just use any microfibre cloth, 3 for £1 at tesco, they won't scratch. For the pedestal (not the screen!) try a small amount of polish, helps keep the dust off for a bit longer.

Why not use the cloth that comes with the TV, should at least be safe to use without scratching...

This is exactly what i did as i had some finger marks on the bezel after wallmounting and it left scratches. I think the purpose of the cloth is to clean the panel and now the bezel.

For the pedestal (not the screen!) try a small amount of polish, helps keep the dust off for a bit longer.
What polish are you referring to here? It this also applicable for the bezel? My screen has a lot of minute scratches and it shows up every time i look at it against the light reflections

I use Tesco microfibre cloths, don't press on too hard when you're dusting with them and they get all the dust off nicely (both screen and bezel).

Also work well very (very very) lightly dampened if there's any muck on the screen you need to get off.

You lot are undoubtedly the biggest bunch of girls that I've ever come across. :)

Here's me with a highly technical problem with a dvd player that only shows everything in green and you lot want to talk about dust and cloths and nice sprays!! :rolleyes:

I heard that Tesco are doing a special for the bank holiday weekend of a nice bright apron, 3 cloths and a handy carrying device to fit all you cleaning stuff in and a pair of gloves. You lot had better get down there quick! :D

O Great

Thanks for that

Just got myself a pinny with muscles on the front and a rather attractive mult colored feather duster

:rotfl:

Do Air Purifiers actually work and can they remove a lot of dust from the air so it is not constantly settling on my TV and AV gear? Does anyone have any experience of these actually reducing the amount of dust on their lovelly Piano black TV?

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom