Status
Not open for further replies.

thattallchap

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Got my new PS3 from the forums yesterday - happy boy

Got it home, set it up with the useless AV lead supplied - Job done

Started to download Tekken, GT HD Demo and ROM Demo, all installed - happy days

Today I purchased a HDMI lead at great expense - just couldn't wait to see some PS3 hi def nesh!!

With AV lead in place, i plug the HDMI Lead with a hope to change the settings and get the new Hi Def config started.

All i get now is the Blue Screen of death, with

"Your settings are corrupted press X to retore"

I press X 3 times repeting the same screen each time, then it dies.

Any hints, before i take the coolest door wedge back to the shop!!

Now a very very peeed of boy :thumbsdow :( :mad: :suicide:

Have you tried it again since without the hdmi lead???

Try holding the power button to make it fully reset the console to factory settings.

You bought it from someone who said "i have no receipt", to save a few quid???? :suicide:

As mentioned, the usual method of resetting, is to push and hold the on button on the front, until the unit beeps (about 5 seconds). No obvious reason why it should do this...

Are you sure it's the PS3 coming up with the error, not your TV?

It's a UK machine, so call Sony UK, explain you got it as a gift from your Aunt & Uncle who live in Scotland and who have mislaid the receipt.

It's not like it can be out of it's 12 month warranty.

I'm sure Sony will sort it for you being as it's a UK machine and not an import.

If you somehow manage to get back in to the XMB choose restore PS3 OS from the system menu and see if that helps

Just put your Windows 95 Start up disk in and let it boot from the floppy...:devil:

Try holding the power button to make it fully reset the console to factory settings.

Tried, and pressing x to restore is where i got too, if you hold the power button down any longer that 3 or 4 sec's it powers off!

It's a UK machine, so call Sony UK, explain you got it as a gift from your Aunt & Uncle who live in Scotland and who have mislaid the receipt.

It's not like it can be out of it's 12 month warranty.

I'm sure Sony will sort it for you being as it's a UK machine and not an import.

Yeah - looks like the only cause of action at the mo...... bugger!:thumbsdow

Who did you buy it off ? I am presumming they had decent trader rating and feedback ? It sounds to me like it was faulty when it was sold to you.....If you have problems with Sony could be time to file a traders dispute...Also I am presuming it was posted insured, if all else fails you could try claiming on the insurance.

Sony should honour the warranty no problems providing its a pal uk unit....

Does it only do this with the HDMI cable connected or with the standard AV connection as well? If it doesn't do it with the standard connection then you could try using that and then trying to restore the PS3 to defaults as other people have mentioned.

Does it only do this with the HDMI cable connected or with the standard AV connection as well? If it doesn't do it with the standard connection then you could try using that and then trying to restore the PS3 to defaults as other people have mentioned.

Does it on both - get no picture at all - which is nice!!

Who did you buy it off ? I am presumming they had decent trader rating and feedback ? It sounds to me like it was faulty when it was sold to you.....If you have problems with Sony could be time to file a traders dispute...Also I am presuming it was posted insured, if all else fails you could try claiming on the insurance.

Sony should honour the warranty no problems providing its a pal uk unit....

I got it from thr Forum, epicdream - it was working, all beit very breifly.

Tried, and pressing x to restore is where i got too, if you hold the power button down any longer that 3 or 4 sec's it powers off!

You push and hold the button for 5 seconds, from OFF

Got my PS3 swapped out today - so let the Motostorm times roll :clap:

Thanks for all the advise given - ta :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom