its great!!

still waiting for my JS Convertor to come so is only conected s-video

i have a dinner party for 14 tonight so i will show it off big time

cheers
mike

Attachments

mikeall

Standard Member
just thought i'd mention i have it conected though 6 speakers in room and 2 floor speakers in dining room 250watts

great sound

cheers

mike

Lennyz

Novice Member
Looks Cooool,

Is it a Pioneer mxe? What do you think of the image through s-video??

These plasmas are very desireable! I am looking to getting a Pioneer 433Mxe pretty soon...I have just built myself a unit to go underneath and house all my components (and hide all the wires of course) The space saving will be great as I have sold a 50" projection set to make room ;-)

Enjoy your plasma mate...

Lennyz

mikeall

Standard Member
hi mate

its a pany

i only have it on s-vid untill my converter box comes from JS its ok but should be a lot better when it wired up to the box

cheers for now

mike

sarll

Mike your new screen - looks great!!

I'm about to embark on a similar project to yours (plasma above fireplace). How have you hidden the cables that come out the back???

Regards

whistlingDogg

Standard Member
looks very high up

sharper

Where have you put your squeakers, Mike and that looks like a real log fire! must get pretty warm up there!

boltoa

mike - which converter are you getting (VGA or component?), and what are you feeding svideo at the moment? Sky? Tuner? DVD?

I'm deciding what connection option to go for and will be interested to know how much improvement there is. At the moment I'm contemplating only converting DVD to VGA and keeping Sky+ on SVideo only.

[apologies for thread number 3 on this topic, but it seemed relevant :)]

Andrew

mikeall

Standard Member
hi guys
sorry about not posting back, my bt line is down and they have not yet fix it!! im on a mates pc at the mo.

i view the screen 10 feet away so its no problem with the hight and i have a high sofa

the logs are real as is the fire but those logs are for show to cover the wires, but the wires from the plasma are hidden behind the wall, i chipped away a channel put in the wires and plaster over and painted it, its bottom right about 6inches from fireplace shelf

i will answer all other questions and give u my tips in a few days time when my own bt is back on

cheers
mike

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom