My new pc .. what card can I add???

Ned Senior

Clunk

Hi all picked up the pc in the link below today..
What Grafics card can I add to it so that I can connect a dvi monitor for photos/surfing and HDMI plasma for tv streams

The pc only has a single vga right now

thanks for your advice compaq link below:....

Compaq Presario CQ5306UK Desktop PC (WE146AA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

cheers
Hi Ned.

Yeah, the onboard intel graphics let down an otherwise nicely balanced system there.

The good news is, if desktop use and media playback (including HD) is all you'll be pushing it with, then one of these will be just fine: Asus HD 4350 512MB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Low Profile Graphics Card - Ebuyer. Depending on how you want your sound set up, it can carry sound over the HDMI connection to your TV for you too.

You only really need to go higher than that if you're likely to be gaming. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ned Senior

Hi Ned.

Yeah, the onboard intel graphics let down an otherwise nicely balanced system there.

The good news is, if desktop use and media playback (including HD) is all you'll be pushing it with, then one of these will be just fine: Asus HD 4350 512MB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Low Profile Graphics Card - Ebuyer. Depending on how you want your sound set up, it can carry sound over the HDMI connection to your TV for you too.

You only really need to go higher than that if you're likely to be gaming. :thumbsup:

I have read on these boards tonight that some cards need power... will this one stress the PSU?? and does it have a seperate power connection mate

Thanks for the reply BTW

Last edited:

Clunk

I have read on these boards tonight that some cards need power... will this one stress the PSU?? and does it have a seperate power connection mate

Thanks for the reply BTW

As an entry level card, it draws all the power it needs from the motherboard through the PCI-E slot. It's about as low-consuming as modern cards get (about 25W absolute maximum) so no extra connector needed.

It's only when you move up into the realms of gaming cards that a lot more power is needed :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom