• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My new Panasonic TX-37LX800 LCD - (mini review)

Moses Kaldor

Standard Member
I just bought this. It's my first ever HD-tv. This model is the Asia/Middle East version (I live in the Middle East).

Panasonic TX-37LX800

It's a 37" LCD
HD-ready
100Hz
IPS-alpha panel
V-real 3
24p Playback
10000:1 high contrast
SD Card slot
2 HDMI inputs
Viera Link
PC Input

This one is basically 2008 model - the shop I went to gave me an OK discount from (in USD) $980 to $900. I got a wall bracket and an HDMI cable free of charge.

So far I played PS3 on it - the graphics are stunning on Call of Duty and Pro Evolution Soccer. Only the extremely fast moving images aren't that smooth.

I then watched some downloaded HD content on it on XviD format. The quality was OK. Then I tried watching some films in *.avi format, the quality was much better, there was less noise.

I played back some original DVD's, and tried the upscaling - which creates a slightly better quality.

I bought this for my bedroom mainly for video games, watching movies and sports. So far I'm satisfied, and highly recommend this model (or it's equivalent in your region).

If anyone else has a similar model, please share your ideas for achieving the optimal settings.

P.S. - I'm a Panasonic fan. I only buy that brand. :)

sean5302

Banned
I have considered buying this model, but the UK price is much higher than you paid. We have to pay around $1500 here.

The reviews I read say it is a good tv, but is not worth paying the equivalent of $500 more than the more basic versions of the TX37.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom