my new ler37r87bd (r)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYPERMONKEY

Standard Member
Reaction score
hello everyone new to this forum ,looks like its full of info!
anyhow just got a new tv r87bdx i thought looked on back has r in brackets ?

read the reviews b4 i bought it ,got it home and to be honest the pic dont seem that good ,havnt a clue what all the hdmi ports are for could do with some info on how to make pic better ,or have a bought a crap lc tv?
just checked again it has got an x in the model code so it is a bdx

First of all welcome, and no you haven't bought a crap tv.... default settings are notoriously bad, they are set to stand out in bright lit show rooms. second I would advise that you make yourself familiar with the tv by reading the manual, next there is the Samsung R86/87/88 Owners Thread/Optimal Settings & Discussion thread here that has plenty of advice settings etc for your tv have a good look/read and if you have any queries/question post in that thread so all the info is in one place....... oh and enjoy your tv :)

Curly

p.s. some label it BD other's BDX (Bordeaux) it doesn't matter they are/mean the same.

hi just had aquick look on a link ,lyris lite quick and dirty tv set up,which was helpfull,will check out the the thread you suggest ,thanks

Hypermonkey, follow the settings guidelines in the first post of that thread. You won't be disappointed.

Like countless others I spent months researching TVs before opting for this one and I've worn a grin from ear to ear since I got it - So far Freeview on the built-in tuner has been wonderful - so much better than expected - and I have it hooked up to a custom-built HTPC via HDMI2 with outstanding results in all areas: PC use, web browsing, movies in a variety of formats, TV through the PCTV tuner (it's a PVR, after all) and HD content stored on the HDD (I'll invest in a blu-ray player if it becomes necessary).

Yesterday I mounted it on the wall through 50mm of polystyrene-backed plasterboard on one of these (I bought some extra long bolts with sleeves!): http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000RQ7OEW/203-7631867-7124738
which has been the icing on the cake...

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom