My new, improved setup. Its all gone black.

hot-fuzz

Ex Member
Reaction score
OK, about a month ago or so bought new AV kit (in thread) and stuck it on my £25 Argos TV stand which i wasnt happy about. I started a thread and altough appreciated positive commments were made, i wasnt 100% happy on the stand.

I then decided that seeing as i HAD to have it in he corner of the room i needed something different so set about researching one. The good lady wife found one she liked within days and was only £150 ("only" i thought is good coming from her !!!)
So i ordered it and when i spoke to them it had even dropped down in price to £130 delivered nextday before 11am (actually came at 8am and got another £3 off with Quidco).

I also got a black case for my Xbox which i fitted to match the other stuff, not sure if i like the lights, but for the moment they serve a purpose. Without them my setup is a little too BLACK .... queue the rolling stones ..... my red door is next :D

OK, it might be a bit dark, but it makes everythig look discreet and its a corner type system which really helps push it back toward the Sub. The red of the TV, the LEDs on each part really break up the colours and i am now very happy with the setup.

So it looks like this now :

tv-2.jpg

For anyone who is interested, this is how is used to look like before the TV stand :
My Old TV Stand

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
nice new av-stand

Very nice, like the new setup, not that the old one was bad:)

Neat advice

Thanks alot buddy

Everyone always uses 'Cars' for their demo pics dont they lmao
Walk into currys and that and 'Pirates of the Caribean' are the only films playing hahaha

Was either that, DK or Wall-E as they are the only BD i have (like you say, everyone else has) :D

Cars does look good on it though.

Everyone always uses 'Cars' for their demo pics dont they lmao

like you say, everyone else has) :D

Cars does look good on it though.

Hehehe, that's how I chose to use "I am Legend" on my Gallery thread (in my sig! ;)). I'd seen a lot of people use the same shot so I just followed the flock... baaaaaaaa! :rotfl:

Definitely looks better with the new stand, also loving the XBox case and the TV, Santa got me the same TV for chrimbo :thumbsup:

Cheers for all the comments, much appreciated after feeling guilty about spending so much money on stuff.
Started off with a £600 setup and when researching it found a better amp and speakers and a slightly larger TV with BD player and ended up spending quite a bit more !!!!

All that black looks very nice indeed and it does bring out the reddish tinge of the Samsung really well.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom