My New House With Living Room Home Cinema

fubar925

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well I thought I would start my own thread as Im on my way to starting my own H/C..

First up I was going to get a installer to do it for me but a couple of houses that I wanted to buy each having a room to convert fell through..
So my other half spotted a house she liked the look of and off we went what she forgot to mention is that it was above budget. Well long story short we ended up buying the house and completing within 3 weeks!!!

Now being so over budget means I have to have my H/C in the living room as well as my stereo system which consist of Dali helicons 800, T+A v10, sonos connect, beresford bushmaster, sony Hap-z1es, project rpm4,

My new cinema kit so far consist of Epson TW9100, Pioneer lx85, lumagen xs3d, oppo 103d, and on order a 2.35 draper 2.1 react. This will be 6-8weeks delivery. The screen could only be 7ft wide because of the dali's would of gone bigger otherwise. And had to be react 2.1 because the room can be really light because it leads into the conservatory. I still have to sort some speakers out...!

Oh this thread will be a slow burner so please check back for updates as Im having work done in other parts of the house and in the garden and most of the work will be done by my older brother and father in law when they have a few hours here and there.

So today work begun on a shelf above the bifolds out into the conservatory for the projector to sit on this took over 6hrs for my brother to make with some brackets and mdf.. sorry about the pictures taken with my phone my dslr battery as gone kaput on the move... The shelf measures 9ftx16"x4" which is 2.8x41x10 ish

IMAG0114.jpg

You can just see the brackets to the shelf I think he used 9 in the end..!

IMAG0115.jpg
Yes nine.. A bit of a overhang on each side. You can just see the spirit level was well used today! You can just make out my vt55

IMAG0116.jpg
I was not watching the tv or playing with a toy truck for the day.! I have a little 16mnth old boy! Truth..lol oh and the vt55 getting in on the shot!
IMAG0117.jpg
A lot of the time was taken with trying to get it all straight along the edge of the door frame.. Had a slight mishap one of the screws hit another and bent off and came out the bottom you can just make it out just to the left.

Have to excuse all the washing we have a new tumble dryer to install in the utility room but its the only tumble dryer that needs to be plumbed into cold water!!!! this is being done tomorrow so with the sun out we been catching up on some drying time!!..

Will update later!

Let me know your views on shelf guys or any advice on cable runs etc..

Nice work. Is the shelf also going to support a curtain to block out the light when the projector is on?

Sorry for lack of updates what with the nice weather I have got my brother digging in the garden ready for hot tub and making seats..lol. I will post some pictures later from mobile.

Just a few pictures form the other day. The hole for tub now has concreate.!

Attachments

• 1400707077482.jpg
    1400707077482.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 398
  • 1400707093440.jpg
    1400707093440.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 1400707116890.jpg
    1400707116890.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 382
Would update thread but cant upload pictures is there a size limit??

Thought I would best update the thread.. Heres the screen in place and hung!! The picture is a bit washed out because took the picture at about 12 midday..!
IMG_4698.JPG
I running the projector through a lumagen xs3d mini with the NLS active which is why a small part of the screen top and bottom is cropped.
IMG_4694.JPG
Long shot of the room Going to be decorating the room two different shades of gray..lol not the book.. I have the D500 hung now with the dalis standing gaurd.. Need to get a new sub at the moment got a kef psw1000 (I Think).. Oh also going to be replacing the lights for down lighters. All cables Nave been rooted through the walls to the sideboard bottom right.
IMG_4675.JPG
Again anothe long shot of the room I had to go with a 7ft wide screen because of the dalis i wanted them at the front for when i want to listen to my music!!!!
IMG_4681.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4693.JPG
    IMG_4693.JPG
    717.1 KB · Views: 186
Here is a shot of the projector on the shelf my brother made we still got to route the cables through the wall or I might use trunking not sure yet... You can just make out the T+A and my project turntable...!
IMG_4688.JPG
You can just see david baliley in the tv if you squint enough...lol.. The tv is used for day to day watching or when the other half is home! Im using van damme 2.5 blue for the home cinema and van damme 4 core 4mm black for stereo really like the sound and cost!!!
IMG_4686.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4687.JPG
    IMG_4687.JPG
    502 KB · Views: 170
Nice view towards the screen. I think it looks really good :)

Well I thought I would start my own thread as Im on my way to starting my own H/C..

First up I was going to get a installer to do it for me but a couple of houses that I wanted to buy each having a room to convert fell through..
So my other half spotted a house she liked the look of and off we went what she forgot to mention is that it was above budget. Well long story short we ended up buying the house and completing within 3 weeks!!!

Now being so over budget means I have to have my H/C in the living room as well as my stereo system which consist of Dali helicons 800, T+A v10, sonos connect, beresford bushmaster, sony Hap-z1es, project rpm4,

My new cinema kit so far consist of Epson TW9100, Pioneer lx85, lumagen xs3d, oppo 103d, and on order a 2.35 draper 2.1 react. This will be 6-8weeks delivery. The screen could only be 7ft wide because of the dali's would of gone bigger otherwise. And had to be react 2.1 because the room can be really light because it leads into the conservatory. I still have to sort some speakers out...!

Oh this thread will be a slow burner so please check back for updates as Im having work done in other parts of the house and in the garden and most of the work will be done by my older brother and father in law when they have a few hours here and there.

So today work begun on a shelf above the bifolds out into the conservatory for the projector to sit on this took over 6hrs for my brother to make with some brackets and mdf.. sorry about the pictures taken with my phone my dslr battery as gone kaput on the move... The shelf measures 9ftx16"x4" which is 2.8x41x10 ish

View attachment 483363
You can just see the brackets to the shelf I think he used 9 in the end..!

View attachment 483364 Yes nine.. A bit of a overhang on each side. You can just see the spirit level was well used today! You can just make out my vt55

View attachment 483365 I was not watching the tv or playing with a toy truck for the day.! I have a little 16mnth old boy! Truth..lol oh and the vt55 getting in on the shot!
View attachment 483366 A lot of the time was taken with trying to get it all straight along the edge of the door frame.. Had a slight mishap one of the screws hit another and bent off and came out the bottom you can just make it out just to the left.

Have to excuse all the washing we have a new tumble dryer to install in the utility room but its the only tumble dryer that needs to be plumbed into cold water!!!! this is being done tomorrow so with the sun out we been catching up on some drying time!!..

Will update later!

Let me know your views on shelf guys or any advice on cable runs etc..

HI Fubar...just wondering - how did you connect the Lumagen and Oppo 103d in the Chain?
Thanks !!

HI Fubar...just wondering - how did you connect the Lumagen and Oppo 103d in the Chain?
Thanks !!

Hi everything goes into the pioneer amp then from output 1 on pioneer to lumagen then the 2 outputs form lumagen to my projector and tv..

Hope that helps..

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I love your setup but I'm curious if the projector noise is distracting when sat in the seating position directly below it?

This is the kind of living room home cinema that I may be able to get the wife to agree to! :D

Hi Doz007.. Thanks for the nice words mate!! I should really update it has its nearly finished all painted tv on wall and etc etc. And I have just sold the Dalis so they are going soon.

Not in any way you can hear it when gaming or watching Tv but its not distracting at all. When I got a movie on then no you cant hear it at all.

I wanted the utility well thats what I told her with the knowledge she would let me have a living room setup rather than my own room..lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom