My New Home Theater Q Acoustics feels dull when I compare with Harman Kardon HKTS 9

Kon3ru

Novice Member
Hi Team,

I have new home theater with below specifications, and my friend has Harman Kardon as specified below, my friends room space is same as mine as we live in same apartment, my friends sound system feels mind blowing, same like high end theaters, but mine feels like less bass, dull not that energetic.

Is this because my speakers are new and need to run for few hours, my friends system is 1.6 years old.

Mine:
Q Acoustics 3020
Q Acoustics 3010i
Q Acoustics 3090Ci
Q Acoustics QB12
Denon 2600h.

My Friend:
Harman Kardon HKTS 9 5.1 with 100w Down firing Sub, with Harman Kardon receiver.

I know due to QB12, i miss vibrations which i regret for not purchasing down firing sub, his 100w down firing sub is far better than my 300w front firing.

Please guide.

Thank you
Naveen

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Either yours is not set up right or his has overpowering bass which you think sounds great.

Yours is the better system.

Down firing subs don't generate any more bass than a front firing sub.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
The Denon has a very good easy to follow set up routine with Audyssey once set up you should be good to go.

Bass should not be overbearing and sometimes the cheaper systems has too much bass and what you are hearing maybe distortion. If you ran Audyssey and did 6-8 microphone placements I would say yours would have the better more natural sound and plenty of bass when called for in the right places in a movie.

Where in the room is your subwoofer placed and how big a room is it,

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi Team,

I have new home theater with below specifications, and my friend has Harman Kardon as specified below, my friends room space is same as mine as we live in same apartment, my friends sound system feels mind blowing, same like high end theaters, but mine feels like less bass, dull not that energetic.

Is this because my speakers are new and need to run for few hours, my friends system is 1.6 years old.

Mine:
Q Acoustics 3020
Q Acoustics 3010i
Q Acoustics 3090Ci
Q Acoustics QB12
Denon 2600h.

My Friend:
Harman Kardon HKTS 9 5.1 with 100w Down firing Sub, with Harman Kardon receiver.

I know due to QB12, i miss vibrations which i regret for not purchasing down firing sub, his 100w down firing sub is far better than my 300w front firing.

Please guide.

Thank you
Naveen

Post the settings you have now. Take pictures and upload them. See this post the pictures, i want to see those and picture from couch to forward so we see the room bit:

If i had to guess the subwoofer is placed poorly and you haven´t tweaked Audussey settings afterwards. Also the bass (SW) is too weak for most people after running Audussey if they don´t listen very loud which you won´t do in apartment.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom