My new home cinema setup in lounge with 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos

big boss

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So finally, my home cinema room is ready!

My equipment is:

Projector: Sony HW40ES

Screen: Draper Sesame 2.1 with ReAct 2.1

TV: Panasonic 50VT65

AV receiver: Marantz SR7009

Stereo amplifier: Marantz PM6005

Speakers: Monitor Audio Trimless 200

- Fronts and centre: WT280-IDC

- Side and rear surrounds: WT265

- 4 Dolby Atmos speakers: CT265

Subwoofer: KK DXD-808

Blu ray player: Oppo 103D

STB: Sky HD 2TB

Games console: PS3

Media players: Apple TV, Fire TV, Boxee box

Music streamer: Sonos Connect

NAS: Synology DS212J

Remotes: Roomie remote, Logitech Harmony Smart control

Lighting: Philips Hue GU10 spotlights and bulbs for lamps, Visual chillout LED lightstrips for ceiling and under the cabinet, and for TV bias lighting

iPad mini dock: idocx

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0183.JPG

Last edited:
The screen needs tensioning, which I will do after a couple of weeks when it has acclimatised.

Very nice. You've got some great kit there and the workmanship looks first class. You obviously put a lot of planning and thought into it. Especially the pelmet with the Atmos speakers.
The tv wall is not to my taste with the wood effect but it's great to see something different to the plain dark colours a lot of people (including me) go for!
Well done and enjoy!

Love the install, looks very clean. The red with the wood is not to my taste but the room as a whole looks done to a high standard bet it sounds amazing in there.

Thanks! I did go through a lot of stress during installation. A home cinema installer quoted a fortune for the project, so I decided to project manage myself. Loads of hiccups along the way. I wanted an open pelmet shelf but the builder couldn't do it. Also, I wanted the projector to be housed inside the box pelmet which again the builder couldn't do. Got there in the end!

I love wood. We matched the cabinet door colour to that of the curtain (colour doesn't show very well in pictures due to lighting).

The speakers are superb. Much better than my previous MA Radius HD. Dolby Atmos is amazing! First 5 minutes of Expendables 3 is reference for Atmos.

I haven't had the chance to experience Dolby atmos as yet, I've read mixed results but it sounds like it adds another dimension to movies.

Yes, it definitely adds immensely to the experience. Speaker placement is the key. If done properly, Atmos is a significant step up over 5.1 and 7.1 systems.

Yes, it definitely adds immensely to the experience. Speaker placement is the key. If done properly, Atmos is a significant step up over 5.1 and 7.1 systems.
Do your pelmet side ceiling speakers have a directional tweeter? Do the effects work well with them at the sides of the room? I could always add Atmos speakers into my pelmet in the same position as yours, that's why I ask!

I thought of installing CT265-IDC with directional tweeters, but decided against it. The front and rear Atmos speakers work in conjunction to give the effect of, say, a helicopter passing over your head. I thought directional tweeters may spoil the effect. I may be wrong, but I'm very happy with the effects from these speakers.

Looks brilliant but what's going on with the sofa!? I've never seen one like that with different individual designs on each seat, not keen on it but then it's not my room so each to their own! Apart from that top draw!

Thanks! We love the sofa, it's the comfiest we've had and goes well with the decor. It's Fama Arianne Love. They have hundreds of fabrics you can choose from. We were bored with our previous brown leather sofas.

Last edited:
Lovely set up and nice to see someone plunging into Atmos.

Thanks ahaydock!

Good work big boss!

That screen would drive me nuts. I know you are letting it bed in but that's miles out from correct - it won't do any harm adjusting it now.

Nice choice of kit, the Sony and React combo is a particularly good match.

Thanks! I'll tension the screen on Sunday.

fantastic install!!!

Thanks! I love Monitor Audio speakers. I previously had Radius HD, but these speakers are in a different league altogether.

Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom