• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My new guitar and amp

Philly112

Distinguished Member
Hi

This is my 'new' (second hand) guitar and amp. The guitar is an Eastman AR503CE jazz guitar. The amp is a Mambo jazz amp.

Here is a clip; just recorded with the laptop speakers, which sound compressed and lose all of the dynamics. I'm also sitting on the floor which doesn't help (but it was the only way I could get the video from the inbuilt webcam to hear the amp and see me at the same time - I need to use a separate mic to record the amp).
But the guitar/amp combo is lovely. Sounds very warm in the room and I can get some serious volumes without feedback. Although probably not from sitting directly in front of the amp as per the video!

Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• New guitar.jpg
    New guitar.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Philly112

Distinguished Member
Happy New Guitar Day :) Sounds great......

That's for the kind words, but it doesn't sound like it should! I have a Zoom H4N recorder with some good mics, but when I use it with my webcam (inbuilt to the laptop) the webcam often freezes.
Maybe I need a separate webcam? Would that work - using the H4N at the mic? I'm not really clued up wrt recording. I can of course just record using the Zoom, but would ideally want to video it to send it to my niece. She wants me to play some Purple and Zep for her to learn. Should sound great using this guitar:rotfl:
I realise I should be using a USB interface and DAW to record the guitar, but honestly I'd prefer to record my amp as it sounds in the room if possible. But if a DAW is the best way to do it, have you any suggestions? Is there something I can get for free off the internet? My Zoom should be useable as a USB interface.
This clip was really a trial to just see what it sounds like through the laptop mics. Sounds OKish, but it's not ideal when I need to sit on the floor like a frog.

Edit - sussed it. Piece of cake - I'll just import separate video and sound into Windows Movie Maker.

Phil

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom