My new Garage conversion/ Cinema style room.

leeno382

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, well here we go, i have been on here browsing and pinching ideas for the last 12months and said id put a little collection together when i got the chance to start my own garage conversion, well here goes... Basically me and my partner bought our house 12months ago and it was wrecked, every room needed work doing to it, i wasnt too fussed on the house, but then thought of how id do the garage... (Wasnt bothered about any other room) Boys with the toys etc etc :laugh: but upon viewing the house the missus wanted it, and we both agreed if we bought the house, i could have and do what i like to the garage and she wouldnt have a say on anything.. well needless to say this lasted 2 weeks before she started saying she wants this and that!!! :laugh: so here are some pictures of my nearly completed garage and any questions please dont hesitate on asking.. cheers

Room size 16 x 8

Equipment bought

Panasonic 3d AT5000 With Free projector mount

5.1 Focal dome speaker's (Amazing)

Onkyo Nr1009 Amp

Motorised Glass bead projector screen

Logitech Harmony One

http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac189/leeno382/Garage conversion/

Last edited:
Photo's are hosted on Photobucket. Couldnt seem to get them to upload properly on here, thanks

Just checked out your pictures. Has me thinking about mine now. Have mine set up as a gym currently. Looks like a neat job.

Its a great idea, and somewhere where to lock the kids into haha, took a good few months to do, and a few quid too, but i think overall its worth it, cheers for looking :)

Looks amazing, did you need planning permission to block up the door?

Any advice with regards to dealing with the council etc.

What insulation did you use? My garage is only single skin on the outside wall i think so i would need insualtion.

I have a similar garage on the side of my house and would love to do the same sort of thing as at the moment its full of junk!

Looks amazing, did you need planning permission to block up the door?

Any advice with regards to dealing with the council etc.

What insulation did you use? My garage is only single skin on the outside wall i think so i would need insualtion.

I have a similar garage on the side of my house and would love to do the same sort of thing as at the moment its full of junk!

Hi Stepp, no i didnt need planning permission, i just got the local builer in to brick it up (Single skin) but then whacked loads of insulation in, i opted for a fairly expensive insulation but really really packed it so that there is no draft at all... and yes as for the pictures i struggled uploading them, i'll do them again now the chairs are in etc... great in 3d too :) but the gf definately has to much to say on it haha

Looks great that mate - some of the screenshots looked like the picture is a bit stretched though?

Nice :D

Hi Craig, yes i had a bit of bother sorting out the aspect ratio, but got it sorted now, its because of the screen i got, if only i could of got a wide screen in, but nevertheless its all good, and great for the cod etc..lol

looks great, and i very good job done, how do you find the glass bead screen.

Well, I can see the photos, great job, btw.

IMG_1129.jpg

Thats the ticket, looks good mate.

Midge

Thanks, am gonna try and fix the photo's now :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom