1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New FQ80

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mansell, Mar 15, 2003.

1. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    So about 3hr’s ago I took delivery of my new FQ80

With fear and trepedation I switched on the TV in the hope that at last I would have a TV I could ive with

The Buzzing

Well I do have some buzzing but you can’t hear it unless your either up close or mute the volume and even then it’s not loud . Just for the record it come’s from the bottom right hand side which I think is the PSU, it’s definitely not the scan coils !.

The Geometry is , lets say 97% perfect , some slight horizontal deviation but only 2-3 mm . Vertical Geometry is 100% perfect!!!

I don’t seem to have any convergence issue’s on the sides

DRC100 is fantastic , when playing dvd’s the picture is so stable , no smearing , dot crawl or any digital artefacts can be seen , I’m very impressed !

DRC50 Look’s a useful option , maybe for some sports , I don’t notice the flicker after a few minutes .

The FQ80 looks soooooooooo sexy and takes up much less space than my old PB50 .
    The stand comes pre-built which surprised me as my old panny and previous to that my tosh both came flat packed .

All in all I’m one happy puppy !!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    wooo hooo another happy FQ80 owner :D

3. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI mansell the great red 5! (i know your not related, anyway if you were you'd be off playing golf somewhere with him and he'd probably had brought you your sony! lol) we can dream!

Glad your Sony is so good!

I know i have asked before, but as it's important to my purchase, and as a former PB50 owner is the Video playback quality better on the sony especially with the 50dcr mode?

I can pick up a new PB50 for just under a 1000 pound, and im close to buying it, but for the video quality on the set puts me off.
    Hense thats why im now considering the Panasonic 32PL1 (50hz set) and can you recommend this PL1 set or not?
    Is the flicker really noticable on the 50hz sets?

They say that 50hz after a length can be bad for your eyes is that right or a load of rubbish?

Happy Sony viewing Mansell! you lucky bu**er!
    thanx. daz.

4. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I will let you know when I've connected my VCR to the Sony

One thing that does surprise me is how good RF now looks compared to the PB50 . On the Panny the picture was just soooooo poor . The difference is like comparing Sky to RF