My new floating AV wall with 65 incher and motorised mount - NOW COMPLETE PICS WITHIN

alitech

I'm just a big fan of white setups. We have to stick together.

That tv wall is amazing IMHO.

I know from my pics its hard to judge size. I'm using a 60", and your tv looks small in pics so I know you have a nice big sofa and room etc so it all fits together rather than looking like the tv is overpowering. Well done.

Just to let everyone know. That is actually a 6 year old 46 inch tv on there. The mount, wall and speakers are placed so that it is ready for a 65 inch when I decide to get one. I am waiting for the launch of the 65 inch Samsung f8000 as the current crop of samsungs aren't doing very well. Either that or a really cheap UHD set. For now, I'll put up with my trusty Sony 46 incher.

I decided to keep this tv and not to splash out on the 65 inch a few posts ago, however it's easy to miss when you have sexy pics all over the place :)

alitech

Thanks guys. All thanks to the great ideas I picked up from this forum.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
looks great :thumbsup: i wanted to do a false wall but she wanted a cabinet from ikea :rolleyes: love that block work design wallpaper. any chance of a link please :)

Last edited:

Philw101

alitech - indeed impressive setup chap! :)

Especially like the sofa! The room looks lovely and open, with no wires showing!

Just a couple of questions mate:
What made you change from the Onkyo receiver to the Marantz - I would have expected it to be lower power at 50 w/ch?
Will you be putting in curtains in at the back window? I guess if I had you room, it would bug me at night if people could see in! ;)

alitech

Looks great. Very imaginative.

Where did you get the LED striplights that illuminate your hi-fi?

Got them from VisualChillout. A prominent member of the forum actually, Chris. He helped me out with the LED lights. Top guy. I believe he has suspended trading due to ill health though but I think you can still order from him via this website 4326chris.talktalk.net. Speak to him though, he might be able to sort you out.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/members/522765.html

Last edited:

alitech

Love it, the backing design is unusual but works really well.

Any details of the htpc spec?

Sure

I built this a couple of years ago but have since upgraded. Have a look here My very first Home Theatre PC Build | Ali's Tech Blog

I have since upgraded the processor as well as the motherboard. Removed the Creative sound card as it doesnt pass through DTS-MA and True-HD. Using my Radeon Sapphire video card for all video and audio now.

Only thing I need now is a new case and I have my eye on OrigenAE for a while now. Time to pull the trigger.

alitech

alitech - indeed impressive setup chap! :)

Especially like the sofa! The room looks lovely and open, with no wires showing!

Just a couple of questions mate:
What made you change from the Onkyo receiver to the Marantz - I would have expected it to be lower power at 50 w/ch?
Will you be putting in curtains in at the back window? I guess if I had you room, it would bug me at night if people could see in! ;)

My Yamaha started playing up so I just got a used Marantz slimline off AVF for the time being. It has plenty grunt despite being 50w per channel. It is a superb little amp I must say, you should check out the reviews.

I have been putting off upgrading my speakers and amp for a long time now, only because

a) I cannot justify the spend
b) I don't think I will ever use all that power in a flat

Big speakers look bold and beautiful and it will be a damn shame if I am never able to use them to their potential. I might upgrade if I can find a good deal (as you do all the time)

Now the french doors and windows, yes it does seem to be a peeping tom's heaven but its only our back garden and all potential peepers will need a high grade telescope to make anything out as properties behind our house are a good few hundred yards away. Curtains or blinds are on the books but we just want to make it look right and so far all ideas for blinds, drop curtains and curtains doesn't seem to work (in our heads anyway). These bloody things are expensive too so just need to make the right choice here. I will update the thread once we get the blinds or curtains in.

Do you have any ideas there?

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
I think one of my fave touches in your setup is the instalment of your rear speakers.

Is the wallpaper available in any other colours do you know?

alitech

I think one of my fave touches in your setup is the instalment of your rear speakers.

Is the wallpaper available in any other colours do you know?

Hey Daddy

I did have to get the ceiling stripped out in a few places to route the wires through as I knew what look I was after. The only regret is that the wires are not bi-wire. In the event I want to upgrade the rear speakers, I wont be able to bi wire, unless I strip it out again. Only occurred to me after I did them. Oh well. Might give it another go when I am routing an HDMI cable to a projector maybe. Next project :)

Seen your white project and I must say, it is "very" white indeed. Good job there Daddy.

alitech

Didnt look at your other question sorry. The wallpaper is a custom wallpaper. I got the design off a stock website and had it colour matched to our wallpaper and then got it printed. Have a read of the first page. The image was on shutterstock, just got it colour matched.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom