1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Denon AVR-5805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by suprabilis, Mar 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. suprabilis

suprabilis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally decided to just wing it and buy this monster together with the Denon DVD-5910. Haven't hooked it up as I just got it today. Will update the post as I finish the install.

What price do you think my old AVR-5803 will go for since I don't need it anymore? It is in excellent condition and still got all the original packaging, remote and manuals.

Feel free to post your experience, comments and feedback about this product as I still have to return it if it sucks! :)

thanks and regards

2. TheGoose

TheGoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there, I happen to own the Denon AVC-A1SRA, which is the European version to the 5803A, I think anyway LOL. Or maybe it is the 5803?? All i know is that it came out in the UK in Feb'04.
    The name for your amp in the UK is the Denon AVC-A1XV, which looks like an absolute monster doesn't it!! Well i am extremely impressed with my amp, its really stable at any volume, anyway getting back to the point of the question, you wanted to compare the specs.

Your old amp is either the European Denon AVC-A1SR, OR A1SRA which is the one i own, the difference over the pair is that the A1SRA supports THX Ultra 2.
    you can copy this link http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_main.php?main=prod&ver=&MID=3&sub=1&action=detail&Pid=137
    and goto product comparison to check out details.

The only downside to your new amp is that to my knowledge DVD format is still at a maximum of 7:1 Digital sound, so there may be a bit of a wait until they release a DVD capable of utilizing 10:1 digital sound.

And finally to my distress Denon have already discontinued my Denon AVC-A1SRA Amp, in the UK :mad:

Well hope this helps?

Michael

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +938
    The difference between the A1SR and A1SRA is the latter has HDCD decoding, Dolby PLIIx and Denon Link3. Apart from that they're identical in terms of features. Both are THX Ultra2 rated as is the upgraded A1SE (AVR5800). :)