1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Kupo!, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Kupo!

Kupo!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, I took the advice of this forum and went hunting for NV-GS120s and TRV-33s on Tottenham Court road on sunday and came back with the GS120.

I have to have I am very impressed with the picture quality and even the "stills" feature seems reasonable enough for me not to bother taking my 3MegPixal Kodak anywhere.

However, I made the schoolboy error of assuming that I could transfer video via USB2.0 (it is faster after all). So that’s another £10 on firewire hardware.

Anyway, should I be updating the firmware? I couldn’t find any on google and any advice on tweaking the settings? (Things appear to be over saturated).

Thanks again.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Well if it aint broke, don't fix it!
    Do you have any reason to think you should update the firmware? As I say you could well cause yourself a load of problems by trying to upgrade firmware. If there is a new version that adds features you want then it may be worth the risk, but otherwise take my advise as somebody who has worked in the IT industry for nearly 20 years and only upgrade if you need to. I've lost count of the number of times I've upgraded something to improve it even although it was working perfectly only to totaly bugger it up.

Mark.