Question my new 55MU7000 has a problem ( Too much backlight clouding and bleeding )

Mochkla

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi ,I bought 55MU7000 recently, and I I have noticed a backlight clouding and bleeding especially in the dark scenes at very dark room , is it normal ? How can I fix that?

see the picture
vCjojiz.jpg

it is really bothering me too much
16x16_smiley-sad.png

LCD's work way better in a bright room when it comes to black levels.

And to answer your question yes it does look pretty bad, do you have any options for local dimming on the tv?

Thank you for replying , No this tv has no Local dimming :(

Thank you for replying , No this tv has no Local dimming :(

If you do the same test with the lights on in a bright room how bad does it look?

Not bad as the dark environment , but still noticeable in the bright room in dark scenes

Not bad as the dark environment , but still noticeable in the bright room in dark scenes

Try and get a replacement tv then if you are able to do so and good luck!

I am afraid of getting replacement worse than which I have right now

I am afraid of getting replacement worse than which I have right now

I don't think it could be any worse but if you can live it then cool but for me personally I would take it back in a heart beat and I would keep doing that until I get a set I am happy with.

I will try to get a replacement today and I will share the result here

Last edited:
I am guessing this is a US spec MU7000 as the UK version has a different stand and does have local dimming.

My Tv is UA version , can you tell me what is the difference between the versions except the stand?

My Tv is UA version , can you tell me what is the difference between the versions except the stand?

The UK MU7000 is the MU8000 in NA.

That is pretty bad, I would be wanting a replacement. With local dimming the areas above and below the white text would be brighter than the corners, where this is the opposite. I can see it on back loading screens in games. My MU7000 looks perfect in comparison.

The UK version is the MU6400. The UK MU7000 has a VA panel where the MU6400 has a Samsung variant IPS panel. Have a look in the MU6400 thread as I had some backlight issues that I was able to reduce significantly.

The UK MU7000 is the MU8000 in NA.

That is pretty bad, I would be wanting a replacement. With local dimming the areas above and below the white text would be brighter than the corners, where this is the opposite. I can see it on back loading screens in games. My MU7000 looks perfect in comparison.
unfortunately in our version "UA MU7000" we do not have a local dimming but in the samsung's page I see "UHD dimming" under the specs for my screen but no setting for it in the main menu , and we do not have one remote and bluetooth :(

I am going to replace it today

The UK version is the MU6400. The UK MU7000 has a VA panel where the MU6400 has a Samsung variant IPS panel. Have a look in the MU6400 thread as I had some backlight issues that I was able to reduce significantly.
so there is a way to reduce the bleeding ?

can you provide me the link of the MU6400 thread please

I have replaced the defective screen today , the second one is much better than the previous one , but I still see some clouding and bleeding in the new one , how can I reduce the bleeding ?

The previous screen
vCjojiz.jpg

and here is the second one

ug3fat0.jpg

what do you think guys ?

Looks good to me; all LCD types of TV will have backlighting issues to some degree: if you can’t live with it buy an OLED

I have replaced the defective screen today , the second one is much better than the previous one , but I still see some clouding and bleeding in the new one , how can I reduce the bleeding ?

The previous screen
vCjojiz.jpg

and here is the second one

ug3fat0.jpg

what do you think guys ?
Very much doubt you will get better then that , have you thought about getting some bias lighting ? , best thing I ever did !!

Looks good to me; all LCD types of TV will have backlighting issues to some degree: if you can’t live with it buy an OLED
Do you know if the rubbing by microfiber cloth can fix or reduce the bleeding ?

Very much doubt you will get better then that , have you thought about getting some bias lighting ? , best thing I ever did !!
yes , I may order it soon , I saw one with RGB colors but I do not know if it is better or the other one with only white color , do you have any recommendation about bias lighting ?

I just bought a cheap set off Amazon , works a treat to my eyes anyway lol [emoji28]

That replacement set looks way better and much more like it should be and like others have said bias lighting should help out a lot too.

Is there a way to get rid off the bleeding ?

You can try rubbing it if the panel is not sat in the mount correctly otherwise don't have it turned up so high. It seems Samsung defaults to max backlight when HDR is active which is usually not required.

MU6400 thread link

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom