1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new 36ZP46 and a couple of problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by General-Zod, Sep 21, 2005.

1. General-Zod

General-Zod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I finally got rid of the Godawful 46WM48 DLP and received my new Toshiba 36ZP46. What an incredible television set! The picture is truly remarkable and as for gaming.... WOW :eek: I have to say that overall this TV is exactly the kind of quality I was looking for.

There are however a couple of very minor problems I have with the pciture and I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions.

1. I think you would call the first of my problems geometric. What I mean by this is that when there are, for instance, straight vertical lines bordering the edges of the set (like the menu screen on Halo 2 live) the vertical lines seem to bend inwards very slightly towards the middle of the set. Is this common? Is there anything I could do to get rid of this?

2. When playing Halo 2 (which looks AMAZING :D ) there seems to be some slight vibration on backgrounds during movement. This comes across as a slight blurring when moving over static backgrounds. It is VERY SLIGHT though. Anything I can do to reduce this?

That's it really. Nothing major but it'd be nice to get rid of the issues or even reduce their effects. That said... if I can't do so... I would still be happy with the set.

2. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Unfortunately this is a very common problem with the tosh ZP48's.

I have the 32" and am having a technician around in a few days to look at some geometry problems..

the screen is wonky on the right hand side,and bows inwards towards the middle,this is especially noticeable when using skys browser menu.

If it cant be fixed or the replacement is no better,i may invest in an lcd or plasma and have done with these bloody geometry problems once and for all :devil:

3. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could be your location stuart69.

Sounds like the old Earth's gravitational field to me. Bows the screen down at one side.

Keep us up to date stuart, I'd like to know what happens (thinking about getting one of these sets).

EDIT: I get what you mean now. You mean like this right: ) (

4. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Just got a call from sound and vision,a replacement set will be sent at the end of next week or maybe the week after.They havent even sent a technician either!!!

they was going to but now they just say they will replace the set!

I just hope its not the same or worse :rolleyes:

I have had no problems with my previous 32" CRT so its not my location.

5. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi guys,
    I got this link here off another thead on the forums, (same instructions for the 36,38 and 48 models AFAIK),and managed to iron out the probs I had with the geometry on my 32zp48 by following the instructions found within it.
    As it is stressed, make a note of ALL the origonal settings BEFORE making changes so if anyone decides they want to adjust things, you can put them back the way they were.

Apart from the slight "niggles" I had with the TV, I am MORE than happy with it.. :thumbsup: ..

TTFN,

Graham.

6. oml

oml
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I've just decided to take the plunge and go for a Toshiba 36ZP46, Currys and Dixons have them at £499, :clap: what a price :clap: . Picking mine up tomorrow fingers crossed...

Cheers

7. mcbunny

mcbunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    what they have the 36 for 499 ??? they had the 32 for that 2 weeks ago

8. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    The website still says £749 for the 36...whilst it's still £499 for the 32...

9. oml

oml
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picked it up today, for the bargain price of £450.00, no stand or instruction book, but hey what a bargain. Haven't set it up yet.

Currys at Preston have 2 left in boxes with everything at £499. Also Currys at St Helens have 2 toshiba 36zp48 with no stand or remote for £500

Also check this at £459
    http://www.be-direct.co.uk/productDetails.asp?referer=affiliatewindow&ID=18102

Cheers