1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new 1209s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jeff, May 21, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Well not quite, but you would think so from the change in picture quality. :D I've had Roland working on it all day, armed with colour corrected green and red tubes, he did a full setup from scratch and managed a Stirling job of getting every last ounce of sharpness out of the projector. Not an easy job since my screen size is below the minimum specified for the 1209s. Anyway of great interest are the colour corrected filters that go on the tubes. The colour performance of the 1209s has always been a bit of an issue for me, to me the uncorrected green is too weak and the red is too orange. Tonight I played through a variety of favourite DVDs and I have too say that the reds now look spot on to me. The biggest surprise however are the greens, the old greens were weak and yellowy, now the are green, really green. :) Saturated greens now stand out like the other colours. While doing the colour balance, the light output at 100 IRE registered at 37ftl, I'm not sure about replacing my grayhawk just yet, any brighter and I'll get a tan ;)

Thanks Roland, great job today.

Jeff

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Jeff glad you are pleased.
    See you next tuesday for the Utter B setup

3. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Out of interest, these filters that help with colour definition, are they specific for Barco's or can they be used for any 7" Tube ?
    I have hd145 lenses.

matt