• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My mum

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
She has alzeihmers and I have written a blog post about it here.

I decided to do a series of portraits of her while she could still enjoy it. Here are a few from that series.

6394320889_7c5723f609.jpg

6389206897_3d7120772f.jpg

6394319895_38b3e62a7f.jpg

6394320205_7ec389d5d7.jpg

Thanks for looking

Gordon

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Great shots of your Mum Gordon, she loves her hats eh, the second shot put a whopping great smile across my face mate, thanks for sharing the pics.

Mark.

shotokan101

Banned
Very nice Gordon - I'm sure she'll love them - I especially like the second shot

Jim

danjama

Established Member
Has she seen them yet? Interested in what she had to say.

Personally, I adore them. Make the most of your Mum, one day she won't be there anymore.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
DANJAMA: She has seen them. I was actually very concerned about showing them to her as her short term memory is around 2 - 15 minutes depending on her health. She walked back in to the room 5 minutes after we'd finished taking the pics as I was putting her hats away and she asked me why all her hats were out....so I didn't want to upset her by showing her the pics when she would not be able to remember it having taken place...and often that upsets her. However my wife persuaded me to show her and we did on Tuesday. She liked to smiling ones but wasn't happy with the non smiling ones or the positioning of her hats in a couple I haven't put up. She liked the fact she'd had her hats out though, even though she had absolutely no recollection of having her photo taken.

Strobe

Prominent Member
DANJAMA: She has seen them. I was actually very concerned about showing them to her as her short term memory is around 2 - 15 minutes depending on her health. She walked back in to the room 5 minutes after we'd finished taking the pics as I was putting her hats away and she asked me why all her hats were out....so I didn't want to upset her by showing her the pics when she would not be able to remember it having taken place...and often that upsets her. However my wife persuaded me to show her and we did on Tuesday. She liked to smiling ones but wasn't happy with the non smiling ones or the positioning of her hats in a couple I haven't put up. She liked the fact she'd had her hats out though, even though she had absolutely no recollection of having her photo taken.

Gordon - are these taken with your iphone or the 5D?

RajP

Distinguished Member
i sold my 5d and lenses and flash stuff 6 months ago. I only use my iphone these days and occasionally a film camera. These were done on my iphone4S
WOW!!! It looks like a very capable camera:smashin:

FallOutBoy

Prominent Member
It's not just the camera though, it's what you do with it. Read Gordon's blog if you haven't already done so, it's inspiring how much can be done with an iPhone camera. The 4S camera is great, but it's how you use it and the editing that can be done within the phone in PP that really pushes it to create such fantastic images :smashin:

tonkie

Prominent Member
Gordon these are great and she looks like a loverly person,you dont need me to tell you to cherish her in what time you have left,I lost my Mum back in April, 8 weeks after she was told she had cancer,2 days after her 75th birthday.

I wish I had some recent photos of her,but she was to ill to pose for any shots on the numerous times I went back to the UK during her illness.

God I miss her

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom