My Mum has Lung Cancer.

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
Dad passed away this morning after his short battle, just 3 months after Mum :( He went downhill very quickly after being diagnosed. Tracheostomy, kidney drains, lumps from tumours, couldn’t eat and couldn’t drink. A great advert for stopping smoking if anyone saw him.:(

rousetafarian

Dad passed away this morning after his short battle, just 3 months after Mum :( He went downhill very quickly after being diagnosed. Tracheostomy, kidney drains, lumps from tumours, couldn’t eat and couldn’t drink. A great advert for stopping smoking if anyone saw him.:(
My heart and very best wishes go out to you and the family, this is incredibly difficult to process for me I can’t even comprehend how you do.

WeeScottishLass

Distinguished Member
So sorry to hear that 😔

sue_hall

Condolences from Sue, the kids and I Rob. We cannot imagine the grief or what is going through your head right now.

Kind regards,

Sue, Amy, Dan and Rob.

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
Thank you to everyone for the kind comments. :)

My heart and very best wishes go out to you and the family, this is incredibly difficult to process for me I can’t even comprehend how you do.

I can’t really explain it to be honest, I’m struggling to feel anything at all at the moment. When Mum died, Dad’s illness kind of just blended in due to the timelines and we were taking him for appointments, arranging treatment etc before his secondary diagnosis. (And on that note, we all read how Covid has affected cancer diagnosis and treatments, but all the way through this the NHS, St Luke’s and Macmillan have been absolutely amazing and I don’t feel my parents could have had any better care).

It’s my sister and brother in law I feel relieved for. They moved Mum and Dad into their house almost 3 years ago when Mum was first diagnosed, and since then have done everything for them, as well as my BIL working full time and my sister part time. Dad died at home and for the last few months neither of them had a full nights sleep as his tracheostomy needed constant care and they slept in shifts.

When Mum died, I bought my BIL a Tag watch as he’s just been unbelievable in what he’s done for my parents. Without him we’d really have struggled.

Thug

I do really feel for you.
My wife's dad died on the 16th Dec last year, we then had Christmas, my wife's birthday on the 28th and his funeral on the 29th, followed by new year.
It was an awful holiday time for us all.

She is still coming for terms with it, but also a bit of a relief as he was really struggling with Parkinsons and his muscles had gone, including his swallowing, so had choked twice, once on soup and then again on a yoghurt (he was on a liquid diet).
The first time he was rushed into hospital where he spent a week in there, and the 2nd time was only the day after being allowed out from hospital and refused to go back in and passed away that same day. We think he may have done it on purpose (he eat 8 yoghurts in one go) as he said he wanted to die.

I have not spoke about this to anyone (except family and work) so sorry for taking over your thread.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Wonder if there's any merit in a bereavement thread? Might encourage posts from those that wouldn't feel comfortable starting their own, or just provide info, a bit like the Divorce thread.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom