1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my MP3 Player won't work - help ?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Sra, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Sra

Sra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a cheap ( Easy MP3 EM206S) radio/MP3 player from Dabs for Xmas for our 13 yr old daughter at the end of November - checked it quickly by copying a couple of songs and it was fine so wrapped it up.

However much upset took place on Xmas day as when another 20 songs were copied it then wouldn't play at all. Now we can't get past the welcome screen in order to play anything or listen to its radio. If all the tracks are removed it will go past the screen but there is nothing left to play now.Spent most of the Xmas period trying to sort out what could have gone wrong but are stuck - what could we have done wrong ?

We bought 2 ( as we have twins ) and the other one ( which we did not check in advance ! ) seems to be working fine !

Anyone got any suggestions as Dabs are charging us over £9 to have it picked up for repair which is more than a third of what we paid for it - and if we did something to cause the problem we might do it again ! :lease:

2. john.hem

john.hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Hi, I bought the same player for my wife, can you not reformat the whole thing and then re-install the firmware that should have came on a disc with the mp3 player. The information is on pages 27 to 31 of the manual. I hope this is of some help and it may solve the problems you’re having.

John :thumbsup: