• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My Modded Xbox 360

Fozzy17

Established Member
Not everybodys cup of Tea, But i got Fed up with Looking at a Creamy Coloured 360, So Fitted a Clear Case, Clear Fan Ducts And Stripped out The DVD Drive so that its Clear and you can See the Drive Spinning, and fitted two strips of low light Led's.

P1000892.jpg

P1000891.jpg

P1000888.jpg

The Led is now moved from the Below Strip as i fitted it to the DVD tray (Doh!)
P1000887.jpg

P1000886.jpg

Aminator

Established Member
ooo that looks very very very nice, how much the clear casing cost ?

Hate to think what that did to the warranty :D

Fozzy17

Established Member
I think it was £40 Delivered, case and tools plus a split power adapter and two strips of low light Led's.

DD3

Established Member
but what about the cost of hermetically sealing your room and the decontamination chamber to ensure there's no dust in the room.... else I hate to think how $!tty it will look in a couple of months :rotfl: ;)

looks nice now though.

kasumi

Established Member
Nice looking clean mod there man. Well done.

For that extra bit of cooling you can fit a small blue led fan to the front of that cpu finned heatsink to help blow through and out through the rear clear tunnel.

m1ket

Prominent Member
I think it was £40 Delivered, case and tools plus a split power adapter and two strips of low light Led's.

how did you find the whole case replacement process? im considering getting the black version of the case..

also i see you dont have a HDD connected, can you replace that aswell?

Fozzy17

Established Member
how did you find the whole case replacement process? im considering getting the black version of the case..

also i see you dont have a HDD connected, can you replace that aswell?

Hi
Changing it was ok, it will take around a hour to do if you take your time,the HDD was disconnected as i was testing it for the first time, no soldering for the led's, it comes with a double connecter so it will power motherboard and Led's, Guide Here.

The link http://www.xbox8164adapter.co.uk/ghost.swf works fine, however you need to have the flash player installed.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom